What type of discount do you get to rebook onboard?

hunter6009

Mouseketeer
Noticed Disney has a 7 day Costa Maya in Sept. 06 that we might be interested in. The least expensive I can find this for is $2220.00. What type of discount would the give me while onboard our Jan. 06 cruise if we wanted to do this one?

Thanks!

We're debating between this cruise (on the Magic) or a much less expensive one on Carnival Miracle for $1500. We will have a 2 year old. Anyone have a recommendation?

On the 7-nighters, DCL gives you 10% off their price and a $200 stateroom credit. Book it onboard to get the credit then transfer the ressie to your own TA. Your TA can probably save you a few more bucks off of DCL's discounted rate. You still get to keep the $200 credit if you do this.

That's what we did a few weeks ago. We booked onboard, got the credit, then transfered the ressie over to Dana at MicDan Travel and she saved us another $155 for three of us in a Cat 9.

The rebooking on board discount for a 7 day is 10% off the rate at the time of booking and a $200 stateroom credit.

So how can you do this if you book through Disney? Am I just paying a deposit for a cruise and then I would transfer my deposit to a TA? We just found a pretty good deal on cruisecompete, so we might do it!

Thanks!

Remember that there is a very good chance that the price will go up between now & the time you cruise. You could always book the best rate that you can find now, then check on the ship. If you can get a better rate onboard, book it & cancel your first reservation.

hunter6009 said:
So how can you do this if you book through Disney? Am I just paying a deposit for a cruise and then I would transfer my deposit to a TA? We just found a pretty good deal on cruisecompete, so we might do it!

Thanks!

Yep. You definately want to book it onboard first to get the credit. You'll need to give DCL $250/person to reserve the trip. When you return home, just give your TA the ressie number. Your deposit carries over and your TA should send you a new invoice with the balance owed.

That's what ours did.

It's worth noting that the terms for booking a 3- or 4-night cruise onboard are far less appealing. I was offered $100 off last year. Didn't take it.

How about the special cruises....10 day and 11 day, do they receive the same discounts and on board credit??? :flower:

Thank you!!

Not sure about the 10 or 11 day discounts. But I thought I read somewhere that they give you a $250 onboard credit for those.

We booked onboard 9/10/05 for the 9/16/06 double CC dip, 10% off and $200 onboard credit. We took a cat. 7 with transfers $3100. So far I can't find a TA that can beat the price. They all tell me DCL also gave me an early booking discount.

But I did get my ressie through DCL - when I contacted Dana ( She is amazing and very very SWEET! ) to inquire about changing to her - she informed me to wait - she felt that I had been given a great deal so far ( yahooo ) but that MAYBE she could find something next year ( since I am not cruising till 12/06 )

If I do cruise again * ya right - again - :goodvibes * I will book while onboard and trans to Dana :) :) just due to her and how great she is!

I'm new to this.......o.k. this is my dilemma....we are going on the Oct. 15, 2005 cruise with DCL, our 1st. But about a month ago I reserved for the 11 night cruise in Sept 06, I didn't get any discounts, credits etc. Once I get aboard will they give me the discount and on board credit for the Sept 06 cruise....or should I have waited to book when on the cruise!! :confused3

Thank you :earsboy:

SuzieDizney,
You could try it while on board. Find out what the price difference would be, then ask to cancel the prior reservation and rebook. They will just transfer your deposit over to the new reservation.

We rebooked onboard for the Magic next March . We received the discount and $200 per stateroom credit. We are getting ready to transfer our reservation over to AAA. They offer a $50 stateroom credit so that will be added. Shoot...with that much of a stateroom credit we could hit the martini tasting everyday ;)

When we booked it was a 10% savings. We have been checking the current prices for our catagory and the savings are now around 12.5% and getting better as prices rise.

Sandy

Just 10%? That's quite surprising... I had read in a couple of posts that booking at the end of your cruise resulted in "substantial savings." Ah well. Do you have to book for a cruise within the next 12 months, or can you book further ahead?

SuzieDizney said:
How about the special cruises....10 day and 11 day, do they receive the same discounts and on board credit??? :flower:

Thank you!!
In addition to the 10%, they are giving a $250 credit per stateroom for the 11 day and a $500 credit per stateroom for the 10 day when booking with Marty onboard the Wonder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter