what to wear

Cool and comfortable for both clothes and shoes.

Fit flops are my favourite and also love my Havainas.

another vote for fit flops - i hate having hot feet! if you are not worried about that, a lot of people wear trainers.

clothing, you will want to be casual and cool! I just wear a very simple cotton t shirt and shorts.

Same here!
T-shirts, shorts and flip-flops or sandals most days.
I don't know how people can wear trainers as my feet get so hot in them plus they would get soaked through in the torrential rain of July.

Another note on the rain - white clothes are great to reflect the sun in the day but will go completely see-through in a down-poor! Ponchos at the ready!

I would also suggest flip flops but just make sure that you've worn them before and broken them in sore feet in disney is a real downer :yay:

As all of above:goodvibes

I wear Mary Jane crocs as cool on feet (can't stand hot feet either) and ok if they get wet - I can't wear flipflops (funny feet:rotfl2:)

Shorts & cotton vest tops for me, agree with the beware of white - especially after water rides-I won't go into details:blush:

You may want to take a light weight cardi - not for outside but some air-conditioning can be fierce - OK during the day when having quick service meals but in the evening when having table service meals and sitting longer I have had chilly arms -Ohana is the worst one that springs to mind.

:

You may want to take a light weight cardi - not for outside but some air-conditioning can be fierce - OK during the day when having quick service meals but in the evening when having table service meals and sitting longer I have had chilly arms -Ohana is the worst one that springs to mind.

same thing if you ride Disney Transportation Buses. We used to call them the Big White Freezers

as above with the clothes..and what ever you decide for your feet I shall reiterate what a pp said...MAKE SURE YOU HAVE WORN THEM IN:). I remember it well the first year we went, I bought all new clothes and nice new sandals and OMG my feet hurt so much. You only do it once though:rotfl:

I found trainers were good for the evening after we'd gone back had a break etc then went out again, but in the day time if you just think how hot it is outside your trainers then think of what the temp is inside your trainers!! :scared1:

Personally I always go for proper walking sandals, with a bit more support in them, can't be doing with anything flopping about on my feet as find it makes my legs hurt..

same thing if you ride Disney Transportation Buses. We used to call them the Big White Freezers

:rotfl:
Yes...never really thought of it like that before but you're so right.:thumbsup2

Mind you its nice at first but if it's a longish journey it can indeed be a bit nippy!!:)

Loads of people will tell you trainers - I say NO NO NO lol! The year I learned finally not to wear trainers was the year I was finally completely happy to walk around the parks. I prefer sports type sandals - Teva, Nike etc. I just feel that I need shoes that are strapped to my feet rather than flip flops as I like to know I am not going to lose my footwear entering/exiting rides!

Crocs and loose fitting tops. Tight I find unpleasant in 90 degrees! Me and DD each carry one of those really thin cardigan type tops (not sure what to call them, New Look had rails of them last summer very cheap), for dealing with the air conditioning. They roll up very small so are easy to carry. Also a cap and sunglasses.

I love wearing my crocs in park, I find them really comfy and your feet don't slide if you get wet. Flip flops yep but my hubby has a bad habit of stepping on them and that's when you do the flip flop hop.

I used to wear trainers buttoned honest those trips are when my feet really hurt. Pack some blister plasters just in case, they work wonders.

July is hot if you feel the need for a water fan get one in Walmart not disney as so overpriced in parks. You can always stick a mickey sticker on it.

OhanaSam said:
By trainers do people mean proper trainers or vans/converse type?

It depends, I wear asics road runner trainers extremely comfortable.

However I wore toms all last time and my feet barely ached.

As for clothing I wear vests/tshirts and shorts but I still manage to sweat ridiculous amounts.

By trainers do people mean proper trainers or vans/converse type?

Anything where your feet are totally enclosed! The heat from that concrete really builds inside them and can cause blisters that will remain painful all holiday....been there done that and lesson learnt!:rotfl:

I was very comfy in my converse, i also had some fake crocs which were ok but not the best looking. Most of the time it was just open toe sandels and i was fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter