What to wear in restaurants

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by eeyorefanuk, Oct 30, 2009.

1. eeyorefanuk

eeyorefanuk DIS Veteran

Will most of the restaurants allow you to wear for example a pair of shorts and a top for dinner?

Can you tell me the restaurants you think will want you to dress up a bit more.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Obi Wan Kenobi

Obi Wan Kenobi DIS Veteran

Shoes and shirts

4. strawberry blonde

strawberry blonde DIS Veteran

Might put people off their dinners.:rotfl: Might be a bit chilly with no bottoms. :eek:

5. orangetiggs

orangetiggs Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

its only really the signiture ones that have a dress code but all info can be found on the disney restaurant page

6. rpbert1

rpbert1 DIS Veteran

my DW alw takes a cardigan , as it can be quite chilly in some of them

7. wayneg

wayneg Moderator Moderator

After doing 5 Disney cruises I have learned Americans tend to be more informal for dining. Some dress up but just wear what you are comfortable in. I was shocked to see at least 2 men in shorts at Cali Grill when we ate there in August. Doesn't bother me what anyone wears but not what I expected there.

8. disneyholic family

disneyholic family <font color=teal>Wayne always catches me<br><font

the only true dining code restaurant, is victoria and alberts at the grand floridian...
    there men are expected to wear jackets...

as for the signature restaurants, resort casual is sufficient - khakis and polo shirt...
    although i have seen people in shorts and t shirts who weren't turned away at the cali grill (i too was shocked)..

only at victoria and alberts do they really have a dress code....

9. Pooh's-Honey-Pot

Pooh's-Honey-Pot Disney Bride June 19th 2006

I wouldn't ever wear shorts for dinner, I just wouldn't feel right. I always change into a (casual) skirt or dress - that's just me though, you see plenty of people wearing shorts, so whatever you're comfy in. All the signature restaurants you are supposed to be a little smarter! And as someone else said take a cardy - after 10 minutes in that aircon I always think I am back in Lapland!!!!!

10. 1andrea

1andrea DIS Veteran

We always wear shorts for dinner, but we haven't done any of the more formal dining as we usually go to more of the Character buffets.