What to wear- huntington beach

CandMmommy

September
Hubby and I along with our 2 girls are visiting March 19. We are from Oklahoma, so I have no idea what the beach will be like. Any suggestions on what we should wear? What will the temp feel like?
Thanks

I just checked Tulsa (didn't know where in OK you were) and HB and the weather averages are fairly similar -- low 60s during the day. It can get windy at the beach, and definitely take a jacket if you walk out on the pier -- it's always quite a bit colder out there.

The water is cold year-round, but good luck keeping them out of it!

PHXscuba

Thank you! It's usually a bit hotter feel here b/c it's either ridiculous winds or none at all!
I'm sure they will run right in it!

Weather could be all over the place...could be chilly as others have said....could also be warm and sunny. Best bet to bring lightweight to medium layers. Often times mornings could be overcast and sun comes out later. Water usually always on the colder side.

I just got back from a business trip to Oklahoma City. :)

As others have said, the weather out here is all over the place. This past weekend it was in the high 70s, right now it's mid 60's, and it's supposed to rain by this weekend. You really have to just stay tuned to the weather channels and dress accordingly.

Having said that, once the sun goes down expect it to be rather cool. In the sun, if it isn't windy, it can be quite nice. A couple of weekends ago, I was driving along PCH in Huntington Beach and could smell the wood smoke from the bonfires people were having on the beach. It was about 65º. It was around 5:30 or so. You might want to keep that activity in mind if it's warm enough. The grocery stores here usually have a bundle of wood you can buy.

I just got back from a business trip to Oklahoma City. :)

As others have said, the weather out here is all over the place. This past weekend it was in the high 70s, right now it's mid 60's, and it's supposed to rain by this weekend. You really have to just stay tuned to the weather channels and dress accordingly.

Having said that, once the sun goes down expect it to be rather cool. In the sun, if it isn't windy, it can be quite nice. A couple of weekends ago, I was driving along PCH in Huntington Beach and could smell the wood smoke from the bonfires people were having on the beach. It was about 65º. It was around 5:30 or so. You might want to keep that activity in mind if it's warm enough. The grocery stores here usually have a bundle of wood you can buy.

Bonfire/salt air/beach smell ... my absolute favorite scent ever. I roll down ALL my windows when we get there and just drink in in. :lovestruc

PHXscuba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter