What to tip baggage handlers

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Tinkerkell123, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Tinkerkell123

Tinkerkell123 DIS Veteran

Hi! I looked at the tip FAQ but did not see info on what to tip the baggage handlers at the port. What do you usually tip them? Per bag? Also, we are staying at the Radisson the night prior to our cruise. What should we tip the shuttle driver?

Thanks!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. outahere

outahere DIS Veteran

I usually tip the porters at the port 1 or 2 dollars per bag when we arrive. If we leave a car in the parking lot, and a porter helps us get our luggage to the car, I usually tip $10, because he spent extra time helping us and possibly lost a tip, or two, from others.

I haven't used the Radisson shuttle, but I have tipped the Budget shuttle driver a few dollars when we've returned a car and taken the shuttle to the port.

4. truck1

truck1 Growing older but not up.

Ive pretty much done the same as above. 1-2 dollars per bag, unless my fiance packed the kitchen sink, then Ill give them a little more.
    Same thing with the porter following us to the parking lot, I ll give him 3-4 dollars per bag.Ill give the shuttle driver from Country Inn Suites the same about 3-4 since they are loading and unloading the bags.

5. TheWog

TheWog <font color=indigo>The Curse has been Reversed<br>

I agree $1-$2 per bag is fair. If they fill out luggage tags or something "extra" for you maybe a dollar or two more.

6. barbarasc

barbarasc CruiseCrazy

$2 per bag is standard :) I agree when I park at the port and they walk the bags to my car I give the standard + an extra $5 :)

7. DollyXXXX

DollyXXXX Earning My Ears

Call me old fashioned, but I enjoy handling my own luggage. Just DH and me with two bags. Is it impolite to refuse the assistance of a porter or luggage carrier? We are driving our own car to the port and would just like to carry our own bags. Do we have to let them take it for us?

8. Eeyore'sthebest

Eeyore'sthebest DIS Veteran<br><font color=darkorchid>Not So Tagle

It is not offensive at all. Carry away!! :thumbsup2

9. disney1990

disney1990 <font color=royalblue>Wow, it make my heart skip a

On the day that you check in for your cruise, are you going to carry your luggage with you onto the ship and with you until your stateroom is available?