What to take to a crop???

bluenoser3652001

Mouseketeer
:confused3
I have been invited to a crop, but never have been to one before. So I wanted to ask some of you pros, what you bring to a crop and what is essential to bring. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated so bring them on,,,thanks,,, Blue

Count me among those who DON't take everything but the kitchen sink!

I make 'page kits' before hand - choosing photos, paper, embellishments and put in a page protector for each one. note any tool needed like a particular punch or eyelet setter. I take more page kits than I think I'll be able to do and try to take a group that use the same punch or supplies.

My supply / tool list is simple. Scissors, paper trimmer, pencil, ruler, black gold silver gel pens, large square punch (I use that a lot for photos), adhesives. and my papertaker full of page kits.

Easiest for me to work on is a preplanned album such as my cruise album which had a color scheme, the same title font on every page and a limited number of similar embellishments.

I tend to over pack when I go on long crops. I always bring my own pens, adhesive, CM cutting system, 8" cutter, scissors, setters. I try and do a certain theme - Disney, baby etc. so it will cut down on embellishments I bring. I bring alot of paper, and put sticker album for the ones I think I will use.

I tend to wing it with the paper, I might learn a new technique or might scraplift an idea from someone and I want to have my paper so I can do that. Like I said I tend to over pack.

I tend to overpack as well, but try to work on themed books. I go through beforehand and pickout anything that I think I might need (embellishments, tools, paper, etc). Then hope that once I'm there, I don't wish I had something I left at home.

I way over pack for crops. The last one I went to - Memoranza on the 8th - I took:
My big sizzix tote filled with my cm and other punches plus some specialty paper packs that i had ordered off the internet - I didn't bring my big sizzix machine or dies which I did to the crop prior to this one.
My middle sizzix tote filled with 4 alphabet sets.
My small sizzix tote filled with my sizzix sidekick machine, x machine sticker maker and two trays of dies.
My mickey mouse rolling tote with my photos, pages, some stickers and some paper, cm wavy cutter, cm straight cutter, brads, eyelets, and silent setter.
My hanging folder box of 12x12 paper.
My cm sticker book full of stickers.
My cm side kick (that thing that hooks to the table and holds a drink and a trash bag) so I can have my drink - it makes me nervous to have a drink actually sitting on the table.

What did I not use -
any of the sizzix stuff
brads
those specialty papers I packed in the sizzix tote
I only used one of the punches
the wavy cutter

Would I pack all this for the next crop - yes - I hate to go somewhere, get an idea and then not have the tools or materials to finish the page.

Decide ahead of time what pictures/albums you want to work on.
(Be realistic on the length of time/activities/talking/eating that will distract you from working. That way you won't over plan.)

Pack:

Papers/enhancements/memorabilia for the above.

Picture and paper cropping tools,

photo adhesive,

album pages

Maybe some idea pages borrowed from all sources

Nothing else

At crop:
Organize space
Crop the pictures
Match paper and enhancements/page titles
Slap it all on the pages
Enjoy yourself and set a pace

Don't do any journaling...takes too much time.

At home:

One night when you are too tired to do anything but not ready to crawl into bed, pull out those pages and your writing pens.
Look through the pictures, stroll down memory lane, and write about it.
Cute, fancy pages are so much more meaningful when there is a few words or a story to accompany it.

Don't forget to make a cup of tea!

Take a cushy towel to sit on if you have a hard seat! You can make it fit any size chair or bench.

Don't forget your pictures!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter