What to pack for Alaska, especially for kids

Helpful info! We aren't doing any extensive hiking but I'm wondering if we wear our tennis shoes will they be muddy and ruined? Trying to figure out whether we should buy some hiking shoes or just waterproof what we have and hope we don't end up soggy and muddy.

Ware Bears said:
We're cruising in August and are going to waterproof our existing trainers/tennis shoes. We do have walking boots but they're heavier in weight and I'm thinking of our luggage allowance. We're also bringing waterproof over-trousers as well as waterproof jackets as we're going on a bear viewing trip and it's a long time to be stood there getting wet if it rains.

What I'd like to know is will it be warm enough to wander round the Wonder in open sandals/flip flops? I don't mean out on the open deck but the interior of the ship. I'm going to be packing them anyway as we're off to California straight after the cruise but I didn't know whether I'd need to pack a pair of covered shoes as well.

Which bear trip are you doing? I have anan booked

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter