What to give adult caregiver for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Kerrio929, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Kerrio929

Kerrio929 Mouseketeer

I need some advice in what to give our babysitter for Christmas. She's in her early to mid 50's (not exactly sure how old) and she watches our girls about 13-15 hours a week while I work.

She started with us in July when our previous sitter moved out of state. Other sitter was in her 20s and we gave her extra money (roughly $100). I dont think current sitter would accept $ bc I overpaid her one time and she wrote me a check back and left it for me. So I think money is out.
    Any ideas?

2. Kimberle

Kimberle WL Vet

A gift card to a nice restaurant.

3. Tigger&Belle

Tigger&Belle <font color=blue>I'm the good girl on the DIS<br><

Overpaying and a holiday bonus are very different things. I would go with the cash or at the very least, a gift card to a place you're sure she would like.

4. cornflake

cornflake DIS Veteran

I'd give her cash.

Her being honest and returning the $$ you mistakenly overpaid her isn't a factor, imo.

Look at it like if you were shopping at a small local business you enjoy. If you paid and they gave you a $20 back instead of the $10 you were owed, you'd hand it back and tell them they'd handed you the wrong bill.

If they gave you a coupon for being a loyal customer that gave you $10 off any purchase, you'd take it, right?