What to do ?

irishsharon

DIS Veteran
I have plenty of time but just wandering if the regular dining plan is worth it for my family. The MUST do places are chef mickeys, sci-fi, ohana, crt.hoop dee doo.It will be dh and myself,ds 12 and ds 9.(ds 12 is a VERY picky eater so I was wondering in regular restaurants like sci fi or coral reef could we pay out of pocket for a kids meal? znd use the adult credits at another place?) Do you think the plan will work for our family?I'm not worried about counter serve because ds9 will eat the adult meal and ds12 will eat the kids meal.

CRT and HDDR are both 2 credit places and they are set prices, so you can't pay OOP for your 12 yr old at kids' prices, you would have to pay the adult price no matter what. And these are not good values on the DDP. One adult TS credit is "worth" $37.50 and neither of these are $75. Chef Mickey and Ohana would be good uses of your credits, but again, you would have to use the credit for your 12 yr old as these are buffets.

So, the only place you can pay OOP for you picky eater is Sci-Fi. How long are you staying and how many more a la carte places would you have?

CRT and HDDR are both 2 credit places and they are set prices, so you can't pay OOP for your 12 yr old at kids' prices, you would have to pay the adult price no matter what. And these are not good values on the DDP. One adult TS credit is "worth" $37.50 and neither of these are $75. Chef Mickey and Ohana would be good uses of your credits, but again, you would have to use the credit for your 12 yr old as these are buffets.

So, the only place you can pay OOP for you picky eater is Sci-Fi. How long are you staying and how many more a la carte places would you have?

Our plan right now is a nine nights ten day trip. The meals we really want are chef mickey,ohana,sci-fi and CRT. If we do the dinning plan I would also add hoop dee doo, coral reef, raglan road. If we pay OOP for ds at sci-fi,coral reef and raglan road we would have 3 adult credits for maybe the clam bake or biergarten(sp?) So as a first timer I wonder if the dinning plan is a good deal for us? I am really on the fence about hoop dee doo so if we don't go there that would free up 6 adult credits to get two more meals instead of one.

It probably will be a good deal for you using it the way you plan to, but the only way to know for sure is to do the math. allearsnet.com is the most current with menu prices (IMHO). Do a virtual dining tour and add up the costs of what you WANT to eat including your DS eating kids' meals where that applies. Don't forget your other child too. If your TS total come to about $650 less than the cost of the DDP, then you'll at least break even.

Given the ages of your sons, and the fact that the older one is picky, this could actually work out well for you. If your older son doesn't want the adult meal, you may be able to have him just switch meals with your younger, more adventurous son, and let him choose off the adult menu...

If I did the math right I will not lose money with the plan. Younger ds will use all the adult counter service meals. At table service like coral reef,raglan road and sci-fi both boys will get kids meals.We will use the adult credits for CRT. I think it will also be great to pay up front so we ,like many won't be shocked by the price of things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter