What to do...

warriorboy648

Mouseketeer
We went to Disney last year and stayed at the Swan. It was wonderful. The only issue was that my husband turned into the food police and didn't want to spend $$$. It put a damper on our trip.

So now I think we need the food plan or prepaid cards. If we buy prepaid Disney cards are they good everywhere?

Any opinions on DDP verses prepaid cards?

We went to Disney last year and stayed at the Swan. It was wonderful. The only issue was that my husband turned into the food police and didn't want to spend $$$. It put a damper on our trip.

So now I think we need the food plan or prepaid cards. If we buy prepaid Disney cards are they good everywhere?

Any opinions on DDP verses prepaid cards?

You'd have to figure out how much $ you'd need each day for the prepaid cards. With the DDP you have a choice of what restuarants and what food and its covered, drink, entree and dessert and a snack a day.

Remember the S/D is not on DDP. Nor are the hotels in DTD that are off property.

We like the DDP. We have figured that we really don't spend any more money doing the DDP than if we didn't, we have better food, and it is really great not having to be the "food police" to make sure that you don't go over budget.

There are many pros and cons to the dining plan but the main reason I love it is I tend to be the food police. With the dining plan - we can eat what we want and don't have to worry about the total.
Normally I would be needing CPR when the bill arrived for our family of five at say....Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus. I would be sick the rest of the day knowing that even though we had a wonderful experience - we spent way too much money doing it. With the DDP, we were able to do multiple character meals and had a fantastic time. Without it - I think I would have had a guilty conscious about spending all that money and we would have cut our other meals and spending back drastically to make up for the luxary of that one meal.
We have not done WDW with the new DDP - my experience is only with the old one. I have read of other families making it work without the DDP and not spending as much money - since my ds is now an "adult" at the age of 11 and eats like it too - it saved us a great deal of money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter