• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to do with stuff on Kali...

txcpamom

Mouseketeer
This will be our first trip in the summer, and therefore our first time to brave getting soaked on Kali. What do you do about the items you are carrying with you? I imagine everything you carry will be soaked. We usually carry two backpacks.

I really miss the middle covers they used to have on the boats. Those worked so well. Why on earth did they get rid of them?

I didn't think they worked well because they weren't big enough for the number of people that could sit in a boat. I mean, don't the boats seat 16?

I didn't think they worked well because they weren't big enough for the number of people that could sit in a boat. I mean, don't the boats seat 16?
The boats seat 12. We were the last ones a few times and always got our things to fit. I suppose they could have had some complaints. I also wondered whether people often forgot about their things and left them. Maybe too much for the CMs to keep up with? I'm sure they had a reason for getting rid of them. I just really miss them.

I wonder if there weren't issues with people managing to get their things stowed safely before getting wet with those covers in the middle of the boat.

The middle section of the boat was always risky. It could fit a few backpacks... But if everyone on the boat had a large bag, someone's wasn't going to fit. I love the new lockers!

I never saw the middle storage on the rafts get full, and we rode it very often. My understanding from a family friend CM is that they were removed because they had repeated issues with guests standing on them to try to get across the raft.

How do the lockers work if they're free? Scan your band or something? And just where are they located--or will it be totally obvious when we're walking up to the ride.

My guys like to ride this early and often--so don't want to be messing with figuring out lockers on the way! (And I'm going to miss the central raft storage too--never had a problem!)

How do the lockers work if they're free? Scan your band or something? And just where are they located--or will it be totally obvious when we're walking up to the ride.

My guys like to ride this early and often--so don't want to be messing with figuring out lockers on the way! (And I'm going to miss the central raft storage too--never had a problem!)

Idk if the magic bands work for them or not. But you put a card in, for the first two hours you're not charged. If you use the locker after that time you're charged a fee

The lockers are easy to spot on the way to the ride entrance

Lockers don't use bands at all. That way, folks without them can use them too.

As for the old center storage, we often found the tops didn't close down securely so things were going to stay very dry.

The lockers are very easy to use but we did find 1 time where their computer system was down (imagine that, an IT failure at Disney) but thankfully, that was only once.

I was there when they took out the middle storage last year. One day it was there and the very next day it was gone. They did not advertise that fact very well and I had to use my rain jacket to cover my backpack instead of me. Of course it could have been,too, that I just was oblivious as I walked into the queu because as I left the ride the lockers were right there!!!

I was there when they took out the middle storage last year. One day it was there and the very next day it was gone. They did not advertise that fact very well and I had to use my rain jacket to cover my backpack instead of me. Of course it could have been,too, that I just was oblivious as I walked into the queu because as I left the ride the lockers were right there!!!

Yikes, glad I checked out this thread or we would have done exactly as you did, walked right by the (however obvious) lockers and realized our mistake afterwards. Thanks OP for the thread.

When I was on the ride right after they took the center things out. I was glad I was over prepared with a plastic baggy for my phone as I got drenched. I asked the cast member why they got rid of them and they said it was taking too long to load everyone as they had to keep slowing down the ride to have everyone put the stuff in it. Since they had the lockers it has decrease wait time... Not sure I agree with the decreased wait times but it does makes sense.

Make sure to put your phones in the lockers! My Dad left his phone in his pocket and it died after it got wet from Kali :(

My DW and I always have ziplok bags for phone and wallet (which is all we carry in the parks), DS has a wallet this time...but nothing in it that can't get wet.

Some peopletheorize it was because people were sneaking their shoes in storage (shoes required on all rides)...but if that were the case, I don't think it would've taken them 15+ years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter