What to do the day of arrival?

tigger334

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone!

Need some suggestions on what to do the day that my dh and I arrive. Our plane arrives in Orlando 11 a.m. on 11/7/04 and I figure we should be able to get to POR and check by 1 or thereabouts. Anyway, we have a PS for HDDR @ 7:30 but what should we do between then? I was thinking if the weather is nice and we are a little tired maybe just swim and go to dinner from there. But if we aren't I was thinking of maybe doing some of EPCOT World Showcase and then do go to dinner, but wasn't sure how hard it would be to get to HDDR from there. My other thought would be MK and maybe catch the parade in the afternoon and go to HDDR from there via boat.

What would you suggest? Please help!:crazy:

Our first day ritual after checking-in and go to Downtown Disney. We love to walk around -shop, get a bite to eat and walk around the shopping area.
It is a great way to start our WDW vacation. We always take our first Disney Bus Ride to Downtown Disney. The excitment of the fist bus ride of the trip- can not be put into words. Whatever you decide to do- will be great because you will be in Walt Disney World and on vacation! ENJOY
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

I am with ReneeDisney...we usually go to Downtown Disney/Disney Quest. But, since you have ressies at HDDR, I would think about MK....it is so easy to just do the boat ride to FW from there! Have Fun!

If you don't want to use a day on a pass (if you have a hopper pass), then I would check-in, unpack, relax or swim, then head down to DTD and walk around. Grab a bus there to FW.

If you have a LOS or AP, then I would head over to one of the parks, maybe MGM or EPCOT, walk around for awhile, then grab a bus to FW.

We just got back on 9/1 (I am ready to go back already) :)

Our first day is always an exhausting travel day, we take the first flight out in the a.m. and this year my sister and I didn't even go to sleep at all because we had to leave for the airport at 4 a.m. By the time we got our luggage, rental car and drove to CBR it was already 1:00 p.m. (we had a rental car problem with Budget, and we had to sit and wait almost 2 hours to get our van) So after we settled into our rooms we got our suits on and went down to OPR for lunch and then went to the pool, in the evening we went out to dinner and then back to the resort. Day 1 is usually resort day for us and an early night so that we can be up early for park hopping on day 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!