What to do on easter

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by cv499, Mar 8, 2011.

1. cv499

cv499 Earning My Ears

Hi, we will be arriving on april 23. We are staying at sheraton vistana resort for a week then 3 days near tampa. we got length of stay passes for seaworld, aquatica and busch gardens. Any suggestions for what to do on easter? we will be at the resort most of saturday, so I don't know if the kids will want to just stay at resort for the first 2 days of our trip. they are 14, 7, 3. I would like to go to the sunrise service at seaworld, but am severly outnumbered on this one. I would imagine most parks will be very crowded, so i was planning on avoiding them.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. John Tag

John Tag Mouseketeer

We head to Orlando every Easter. Our kids 8 and 12 prefer to be in the park for the Holiday day. We if not staying at Disney usally head to Seaworld and see the shows and kids hit a few rides. Whats Easter w/o a Splash from Shamu...(our kids always like to sit it the wet/soak zone).....LOL

4. KayR

KayR DIS Veteran

On our last trip at Easter, we avoided the main parks the whole Easter Weekend. It is THE busiest time for the parks.

Depending on what you like to do, there are plenty of options if you don't want to go to the parks. Here are a few suggestions:

Play mini golf - lots of courses around the area with different themes.
    Take and airboat ride. Again, several choices.
    Gatorland - a half day attraction, kind of old world, but kind of neat.
    Take a picnic and go to Lake Toho or Lake Eola.
    Waterparks are fun for all ages.
    Discovery Cove (if the budget allows) - only a limited number of guests allowed each day, so won't be mega crowded.
    Orlando Science Center
    Take in a show (Cirque & Blue Man Group are at WDW and Universal respectively)

HTH

--Kay

5. MarthaJr.

MarthaJr. DIS Veteran

We have spent many Easters at WDW. We like Epcot that day. It is so pretty with the Flower & Garden show. They usually have some fun activities....and it is a great day to eat your way around the world!

I, too, would love to go to the service at Seaworld. Do you know if they've announced who the speaker or guests are yet? We were planning to go to the service and then on to Discovery Cove---but that may be changing based on how expensive it just became to drive 2 cars about 75 miles round trip per day! Gas is $3.50/gal here and my husband heard it is $5.50 in Orlando right now....YIKES!

6. John Tag

John Tag Mouseketeer

Right now avg REG gas in Orlando is $3.44, Except just outside airport 2 mile range. Its normally higher in Florida than here in NC, But Im seeing 3.39-3.47 in Orlando and here is 3.69...Errrrr

7. cv499

cv499 Earning My Ears

I just spoke with seaworld and the speaker has not been announced yet for the sunrise service. they also said that it starts at 8 30, I would think a sunrise service would start earlier. I just realized that I dropped the ball on the super grover pass discount too. At regular price, I am not going to save much. the discount would have been worth it for parking alone.

8. MarthaJr.

MarthaJr. DIS Veteran

In years past I believe the service started at 7 am and done by 8:30...that is why we were considering DC for that day because the timing worked out. I have found that everytime I call SW I get a different answer about things. I have been googling the speaker announcement and haven't seen anything yet. Perhaps a month out they'll announce it?

9. cv499

cv499 Earning My Ears

Everything I have read about past services was the same. Gates open at 6 service at 7. I thought 8 30 seemed odd, but it would be much easier for me to talk the family into going!