What to do,Ohanas twice

wishiwasatdisney

Earning My Ears
Okay, so I have dinner reservations at Ohanas on October 8th at 7:50.I was excited to get this as its not to late. Then I stumbled upon all the posts about viewing Wishes from restaurant(no wishes on the 8th) So I have been doing what every self respecting diser does...been stalking the reservation times for not only a different date but a time where "maybe" we could have wishes going on at the same time we are eating:) Well low and behold I just scored Ohanas on the 7th at 8:40,with wishes that night at 9:00!! I think I should be jumping up and down in pure joy:yay: Now my worry button has clicked in:scared1: and I am wondering if 8:40 is a reasonable time(to view wishes) or should I just keep my previous reservation since the time is earlier but with no wishes.Hate to cancel earlier time frame needlessly,because I know as soon as I cancel I wont be so lucky to get it again.I am feeling extremely blessed to have gotten what I have.So confused:confused3Sorry,this is so long and I hope not too confusing to understand what I am trying to explain...Keep ressies for the 8th or the 7th? What to do,what to do? Help.......

I'm no expert by any means. Wishes was at 10pm the night I went to Ohana. Our res time was 9:45pm which was great! We were able to see the fireworks from our table. We got there at 9:30pm just in case, and asked nicely for a table where you could see Wishes. We were one table away from a window table and could see just fine. Of course, they can't accommodate everyone wanting to see Wishes from their table-- but I think they try to make it work for those who ask.
FYI- our dinner at Ohana lasted until about 11pm. I remember because the monorail closes promptly at 11pm. We got to it at promptly 11:02pm. Yes we had to bus it to Downtown Disney and then to our hotel.

October 8 is MNSSHP, so it's not like there won't be any fireworks - it just will be the Halloween Wishes, not the regular Wishes.

Only the some of the tables near the windows really have a view of the fireworks. There is no guarantee that you'll be seated at one of those. It's better to finish your meal and watch from outside near a speaker.

If the wishes fireworks are that important to you, I would keep stalking the online dining for an earlier time for ohanas on the 8th to make sure I was done with dinner by 9:00 so I could go on the beach at the poly and watch from there... So much better than from the restaurant. IMHO. Remember, it's a credit card guarantee restaurant so things may become available closer to the date.,..

Our reservation the other week was 9:30 for the 10pm Wishes and it worked out perfect. Since it was only 2 of us we got a small table right at the window and we had just started on the meat skewers when the fireworks started.

Do you have young kids? For us, the super late adr would not be an option. There is no way my kids could make it til that late for dinner so we would stick with the earlier time.

If the wishes fireworks are that important to you, I would keep stalking the online dining for an earlier time for ohanas on the 8th to make sure I was done with dinner by 9:00 so I could go on the beach at the poly and watch from there... So much better than from the restaurant. IMHO. Remember, it's a credit card guarantee restaurant so things may become available closer to the date.,..

I agree the fireworks are so much better watching them from the beach and the electrical water parade

Thanks to everyone for the advice:goodvibes.We have decided to stick with the earlier reservation.Although they don't have fireworks on that night we will have ample time to view them another night:thumbsup2
We are leaving in just 32 days.Time to get packing!:yay:

Thanks to everyone for the advice:goodvibes.We have decided to stick with the earlier reservation.Although they don't have fireworks on that night we will have ample time to view them another night:thumbsup2
We are leaving in just 32 days.Time to get packing!:yay:

You're missing the point that PPs are making, there ARE fireworks that night. Enjoy your earlier dinner, pay your bill and head down to the beach in front of the Poly pool and watch the more-spectacular HalloWISHES (it's the Halloween party fireworks show). Make sure you find the speakers on the beach because the Hallowishes music is incredible.

You're missing the point that PPs are making, there ARE fireworks that night. Enjoy your earlier dinner, pay your bill and head down to the beach in front of the Poly pool and watch the more-spectacular HalloWISHES (it's the Halloween party fireworks show). Make sure you find the speakers on the beach because the Hallowishes music is incredible.

:thumbsup2 This!

Thank you,that is exactly what we will do.

I think you might like the suggestions over at this comedy website, it started out a little silly but had some really good pictures and ideas.

everyoneisstupidbutme.com/rants/disney-course-by-course-one-by-one/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter