what to do if it rains

singlemomof6

Earning My Ears
We are leaving to go to Disney in a couple days (March 1st) .. are there any good ideas for a rainy day....if that happens? :umbrella:

Some of our best park days have been in the rain. It really seems to thin out the crowds. So, if your crew can, just go w/ the flow (unless of course there is lightening). Remember to pack poncho's. Other options would be places like Disney Quest if it's looking like an entire day of rain, and you don't want to trudge through the parks. However, DQ tends to be more crowded on rainy days. Also, if in the parks it's a good time to go hit up those indoor attractions that take awhile. Like Ellen's Energy Ride, American Adventure, ect.

Disney in the rain is fantabulous. (As long as it's warm!). The one day we got on the tower and as the doors opened, this huge flash of lightning came across the sky. I almost cried because it was so beautiful, hahah. But anyways, yes, grab some ponchos and stick it out, because you have no wait for anything. Most excellent..

Last May we had a full day of rain. We spent the day at AKL. The animals seemed to like it. The safari was great alot of animals out. The only problem was a stroller. Keeping it dry I mean. We had an extra poncho so we covered the stroller with it. By the time we left the park it had stoped raining and was starting to get really muggy. Well we were already wet so we went swimming. DH and I didn't mind the rain and we made it a kind of game with the kids (DD5 & DD3). It was a good day for us. Besides we don't melt so no worries in the rain. :umbrella:

:wave: :wave2: princess: princess:

Of course depending on the temp and of course no thunder and lightening we like to go to BB. We keep our plans loose when we go to WDW so if there is a rainy day that is where we go. Went there once on a rainy day and BB was almost deserted. We were wet anyway so it was no big deal. That was the best time we had at BB.

I sooooo agree with everyone else that says the parks are the perfect place to go when it rains.

One of the most special times that I've spent in Epcot was in the pouring rain in Dec. I went to see Illuminations and it was coming down in buckets and I mean torrential, no wind or lightening though. I was staying at the YC and so I decided to go for it. I put on my foul weather gear (I do a lot of offshore sailing) and my hiking boots. I felt like I had the park to myself, there was no one there. It was deserted !!! I took my time and strolled around the shops, grabbed some hot chocolate and pastries in France. When it came time for Illuminations, I stood out on the private viewing area that is directly across from France. There was no one else there, nada. I felt like they were showing Illuminations just for me!! It was incredible.

In 2001 we were at MK and it started to rain. :umbrella: We walked out of COP and it was pouring and lightning(i think). we waited under COP's exit until it stoped and then ran to Space Mt and walked right on!! It was great!!! :banana: Just stick it out!! It is just a Fla rain storm! :rotfl:

Take rain gear and keep on going. Crowds are real thin if it rains. Don't worry, you won't melt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter