What to do for a 15yr old?

mjslvswdw1

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are taking our two nephews to WDW as a Birthday/Christmas present in January. The youngest is going to be 6 and he is a huge Mickey fan so I am not to worried about finding little presents for him. The other one is fifteen, and not so much a huge fan, but excited to go to Florida for 5 days. So, here's the problem...Everyday I have planed to give them a small gift $15-$20, and want to send them each a little basket from WDW floral the day we arrive at BWV's. I saw a birthday cake made out of chocolate bars, and I also saw a snack bag, so I am torn on what to do for him! DH and I don't have children, and we are at a complete loss!! The gifts don't have to be Disney related, and I want to purchase them before we go...TIA!

Melissa

I don't have any suggestions, but I wanted to say how nice of you to take your nephews to WDW. I am sure they will have a blast!

Hi! One day you could give a roll of quarters to use in tha arcade. How about a disposible camera with the promise to develope the pictures when done? What about a CD?T-shirts are good gifts too.
Julie

DS (14) bought a t-shirt from Aerosmith's Rock-N-Rollercoaster (about $20). Also, he bought a MM baseball. Other sports balls were also available. Also lots of ESPN merchandise is available if he's a sports nut.

mjslvswdw1 said:
My husband and I are taking our two nephews to WDW as a Birthday/Christmas present in January. The youngest is going to be 6 and he is a huge Mickey fan so I am not to worried about finding little presents for him. The other one is fifteen, and not so much a huge fan, but excited to go to Florida for 5 days. So, here's the problem...Everyday I have planed to give them a small gift $15-$20, and want to send them each a little basket from WDW floral the day we arrive at BWV's. I saw a birthday cake made out of chocolate bars, and I also saw a snack bag, so I am torn on what to do for him! DH and I don't have children, and we are at a complete loss!! The gifts don't have to be Disney related, and I want to purchase them before we go...TIA!

Melissa

That's so nice of you. What lucky nephews!

Since you want to buy ahead of time, how about an Aerosmith CD? Or a DVD of Star Wars or Indiana Jones (assuming he doesn't already have it)

In terms of characters, my almost 14 year old thinks Grumpy is cool, but no one else.

There are token cards for ESPN.

While not exactly Disney related, how about a t-shirt from Ron Jon (that's FL related)

If it doesn't have to be something he can use on vacation, my son LOVES iTunes. You can buy the cards at Target.

I also agree that sports related stuff is good, if he likes that.

my almost 14 year old also loves the comic strip Foxtrot. (So does his 15 year old cousin). You can pick up one of those books for $10-$15.

Again, not Disney related, but my sons loves things for his wall, like a dart board and basketball hoop.

It seems the boys are also into Texas Hold 'Em. You can get hand held Texas Hold 'Em video games for about $20.

Have a great trip

Julia

I wish I had an aunt and uncle like you two when I was little, or NOW!!!!
Do you have the website for the chocolate bar birthday cake? I'm looking for something different for my son;s b-day and he would flip over this! TIA! Donna

We last went to WDW when oldest DS was 15 (nearly 16). Even though he was this "cool" teenager, he loved getting the Disney themed stuff that i had for him and his DB4. It really surprised me.

I got T-shirts from the Disney Store, stuffed Disney characters from Wal-Mart, some small toys and games for them to play with in the room.

So, even though he is a teenager, when he hits WDW, he will be a kid again. Even DH was a big kid at WDW.

My older and younger teens love pin trading-you could get them a lanyard and let them do the rest- my kids find it a great way to meet others. (My boys wear the pins on a baseball type disney hat)

I seem to recall seeing a small hand held Disney trivia game at some of the on-site store for around $15 or $20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter