• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What to do about a nap??

pinkfairy1684

DIS Veteran
We have a very early flight and will be arriving to BCV on 8/17 around 10am. Check in isn't until 4pm which means DS (who will be turning 2 on the trip) won't have any place to take a nap. Is there a quiet and cool place we might be able to sit and get some rest while we wait for our room?

We've never had to wait till the check in time, most times our room was ready at check in & we get a early flight every time and arrive around 10-11am at the resort. If its not ready upon arrival you could relax in the lobby, if you have a stroller walk the resort grounds, sit out by pool and maybe they'll sleep in the stroller.

There's always a chance your room will be ready. If not, I'd go get a bite to eat somewhere and try walking him around the board walk recline in the stroller at nap time. If you can get him to sleep, there are plenty of little alcoves, benches, etc. in the resort vicinity to sit down for a bit. Or if he likes the movement, you can just keep walking and exploring. You could easily kill 2 hours in that area - even walk over to the swan & dolphin, walk on the path towards DHS, etc.

If your room isn't ready, maybe spend some time at the pool? My youngest would swim for a while, then pass out for an hour or two on a lounge chair at the pool.

We have a very early flight and will be arriving to BCV on 8/17 around 10am. Check in isn't until 4pm which means DS (who will be turning 2 on the trip) won't have any place to take a nap. Is there a quiet and cool place we might be able to sit and get some rest while we wait for our room?

Does your son nap in the stroller? I would bring a light cotton blanket and some chip clips (to clip the blanket over the front of the stroller), and go for a walk on the boardwalk. That's what we do for our DD when we need her to nap in the stroller. Without the blanket she gets very distracted by everything she sees around her, and she won't sleep even if she's ridiculously tired. The blanket takes away those distractions and allows her to fall asleep more easily.

The BCV (villas building) lobby is usually very quite. There's a library, a media room and just some couches in another area. You'll want to be in doors since it's going to be HOT:thumbsup2

If you're facing the BC marketplace, there's a room behind you to the right. I think of it as an indoor "wrap around porch". There's not much traffic and there are tables and cushioned chairs, maybe some 2-seaters. I used to nurse there when we have breakfast from the marketplace ;)

We're in the same boat - should arrive to check in at the Contemporary around 12 and DS2 will be just about ready for a nap. I've been worrying about it - I'm just crossing my fingers that our room will be ready. I've already checked in online and selected that we want the first available room, but I know things could go either way. A good nap could make or break our evening (especially after getting up 1 and 1/2 hours early in the morning so we can leave for the airport.) If the room isn't ready, I've considered letting him swim for about 30 mins and then looking for a quiet lounge chair (although I think most of the resorts play music near the pool, so not sure if this would work.) I've also thought about checking out the convention center if nothing is going on in there...I'd imagine that there are some sofas and quiet little spots to sit if there aren't events going on at the time. DS doesn't nap in a stroller, but considering how tired he will probably be by this point, maybe he will. I hope your room is ready!

Thanks for all of the replies! We have an ADR at Beaches & cream at 12:30 for lunch. Hopefully I can get DS to take a little snooze after! He doesn't usually sleep in the stroller but maybe he will if he's tired enough!

The BCV (villas building) lobby is usually very quite. There's a library, a media room and just some couches in another area. You'll want to be in doors since it's going to be HOT:thumbsup2 If you're facing the BC marketplace, there's a room behind you to the right. I think of it as an indoor "wrap around porch". There's not much traffic and there are tables and cushioned chairs, maybe some 2-seaters. I used to nurse there when we have breakfast from the marketplace ;)

Thank you, this is an awesome tip! I will definitely look for this area. I agree, we want to be inside somewhere!

Does your son nap in the stroller? I would bring a light cotton blanket and some chip clips (to clip the blanket over the front of the stroller), and go for a walk on the boardwalk. That's what we do for our DD when we need her to nap in the stroller. Without the blanket she gets very distracted by everything she sees around her, and she won't sleep even if she's ridiculously tired. The blanket takes away those distractions and allows her to fall asleep more easily.

This is a great idea. My DS sounds like your DD...very easily distracted and nosy!! :)

I would have a pool bag ready, with bathing suit and sun screen ready. 1st grab a bite to eat, maybe a TS this will take longer and you can enjoy the surrounding and catch your breath. Head over to the pool and try to find chairs with some shade. Let him play for a while, once you can tell that he is getting tired, he might fall asleep on the chair for a while, my DD's would do this. If he doesn't then I would let him take a nap once in the room. Then just adjust your sch. for the 1st day.

When you go into the BCV lobby, you will see two rooms.

On one side of you will be the entrance to a room which is sunny and bright; people walk through that room to get outside to the BCV pool.

On the other side of you will be the entrance to another room which has couches in it. It is very quiet. People don't walk through it to get anywhere. That would be a good place to go for a nap.

I can't remember what the two rooms are called, but when you are standing there, it will be obvious what I'm talking about.

There is a room in the Beach Club building where people can hang out, but room # 2 mentioned above would be a better spot to take a nap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter