What to bring for proof of time?

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by helloirishkitty, Feb 10, 2013.

1. helloirishkitty

helloirishkitty DIS Veteran

I did not have a proof of time when I registered for Princess, but now I have one and I'm sure it will move me up a corral or so. I am currently in E, but have a 10 miler time of 1:39:52 (~9:54 pace), so I hope to move up.

Do I just bring the print out of the race results? It just looks like a spreadsheet from the race organizer's website... will this be enough?

Thanks in advance!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cobbler

cobbler <br><font color=blue>Tag #1: (Under Construction:

That's all you need. You could also have the race results website pulled up on your phone as a back-up

4. Phdmama06

Phdmama06 DIS Veteran

That is what I did when I brought a proof of time into the expo. It was just a printout from the race results site with my name and time. Didn't have any problems getting moved up.

5. helloirishkitty

Thanks guys! I guess it just seems too easy but i'm excited to see where I end up.

6. makelab

makelab <font color=darkorchid>WDW nut<br><font color=mage

if it is not too late, you can email the new result to trackshack. check your registration confirmation.

7. MassMom94

MassMom94 DIS Veteran

I did this for the marathon. I brought a printout and highlighted my name and time. The volunteer processing it thanked me for doing that, as it sped up the process a bit.

8. robynslp

robynslp Mouseketeer

I have read several people saying how nice the CMs were about changing corrals for you. I must have gotten a dud at marathon weekend. I had proof that I knew based on WISHers was good enough for E, but was in G. Well the girl told me it was good enough for F but she didn't have F stickers. Then she proceeded to tell me that F and G were the same anyway. (Huh? 7 minute start difference). I asked since they didn't have F stickers if I could get E which she refused to do. I was truly upset and walked away and started to cry. My BIL took my number and my proof and time and he and DH stood in line again. They got a different CM and with little discussion she put an E sticker on my bib. So the moral of my little story here is to try again if you don't get the Disney magic you need! I wanted that cushion so I could take pictures and maybe ride EE. (This was for the full - and I did ride EE!)

9. helloirishkitty

Thanks for letting me know about this, I hope I get a cheary one.

I don't even know what corral I'm going to be put in, I just hope it will move me up :)

10. monsterkitty

monsterkitty DIS Veteran

Can you use your run times from a triathlon, such as an Olympic distance (10k) or a Half Ironman (half marathon)?

11. goofeygirl

goofeygirl DIS Veteran

This is good to know. I did the Goofy challenge this year and was in the dead last corral. I didn't complain because I didn't expect to be anywhere else but next year I plan on doing a whole lot better.
    I will print out my best results of any marathon or half marathon I gather? I guess it doesn't matter which race...whichever has the best results so I can move up at least to E or something.

12. flatlandcycle

flatlandcycle Mouseketeer

If they don't change requirements a 10k or longer will suffice. They have a chart that predicts a marathon or 1/2 finish time based on your race distance and time.