what to bring for an infant

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mtslone, Jan 13, 2008.

1. mtslone

mtslone Earning My Ears

Hoping to get some response on this by posting this on the resort thread:

We are returning to disney in 2 weeks (went in November of 2006 - when we had one child, 3) staying at the POR. We have 2 children now, a four year old and a 6 month old. (Don't worry, in addition to my DH and I, my sister is coming along to provide an extra set of hands!).

I am curious for those who have gone with an infant, (and had to fly) what types of travel toys/items did you bring to help entertain the child when you were in the room?

Any hints/ideas would be great!

Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Frankiesmom

Frankiesmom DIS Veteran

We always just bring a small child size backpack with some books,small cars,trains. That is really enough-you'll be overwhelmed with all the disney things I'm sure you'll be picking up during your trip!
    I do make sure to pack extra baby wipes-you'd be surprised how many extra you use while at WDW;and the ones they sell at the baby areas aren't as good as the pampers wipes. The disposable small plastic baby utensils are very helpful too;as are the disposable bibs. Hope this helps! Have a great trip!

4. ppan77

ppan77 DIS Veteran

Buy some new toys before the trip. Hand them out as you travel. My ds2 got a new car everyday on our trip. Light up toys for your 6 month old you can pull out on the plane. Hot wheels for your older child. And never leave home without a portable DVD player and a few movies! You can play them in the room, on the plane, and at any sit down restaurants. Lifesaver!

5. DisneyGuy758

DisneyGuy758 Let's go Murphys!

If yur going to fly make sure you also pack at least 4 extra outfits for baby and something for you in the carry on. Its a pain to carry but when you need them its nice to have them. we needed everything and more we packed.

6. Elmo888

Elmo888 DIS Veteran

Disposable changing pad, bibs, and sippy cups are very handy when traveling.

7. Jaymie

Jaymie DIS Veteran

A friend taught me a little trick that served me well in Disney with a 5 mth old. The little clips that you use to keep the baby's pacifier attached to them, instead of attaching the pacifier, I attached small toys and even a cloth book. Then I attached them to the stroller (not the baby). That way I wasn't picking up toys or losing toys while travelling with the stroller.

My infant carrier was pretty useful on the rides and while waiting in line too.