What tips for AK?

champagne93

Earning My Ears
Anything you could offer would be very helpful. We will be going the end of April with our 18 month old.

You're going at a good time. The weather shouldn't be too hot and the crowds should be light. Don't miss the Jammin' Jungle parade--its fantastic! Insofar as shows, the Loin King Show is by far the best. Pocohantas was a bit of a disappointment. I'd go only if you didn't have a line to wait in. Don't make plans around this show--just go if you happen to be by there and there isn't much of a line. This was my second favorite park, first, of course, Magic Kingdom!!!

Ride Kilimanjaro safaris first, there is no line and you get to see the animals at their best. Then don't get carried away on the Pangani Forest Trail after like we did, you may find yourself running out of time for other attractions.princess:

An 18 month old will really enjoy the Dinorsaur Dig!

And Don't miss the Festival of the Lion King show - one of the berst shows on property!

Suzi

Originally posted by hyzdufan
Ride the Primeval Whirl! Fun ride! :earsboy: :earsboy:
I agree that it's a fun ride...but an 18 month old is too little to ride it! lol

TriCeraTop Spin will be more his "speed."

Be sure to drink plenty of water. You'll be outside in the sun most of the day (very few things are indoors in the park), so you don't want to get dehydrated. Also, if you're looking for characters, try Camp Minnie-Mickey. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Kenai, Koda, and sometimes a few others are all there. For short lines, go while one of the performances of "Festival of the Lion King" is going (it's right next door to the character pavillions). Because most everyone is in the theater, they characters have little to no crowds around them.

Suzi -- where was the dinosaur dig? We looked and looked for it in Feb and couldn't find it. A CM at the fries stand in Dinoland looked at me like she had no idea what I ws talking about. We had seen it in an older video and my kids were hot to play there.

There was a dino playground...did they take the dig out?

Originally posted by Wendaeh
Suzi -- where was the dinosaur dig? We looked and looked for it in Feb and couldn't find it. A CM at the fries stand in Dinoland looked at me like she had no idea what I ws talking about. We had seen it in an older video and my kids were hot to play there.

There was a dino playground...did they take the dig out?
It's part of the playground. You have to cross over a bridge from inside the playground area to get to it if I remember correctly. We couldn't find it at first either!

Originally posted by jcemom
It's part of the playground. You have to cross over a bridge from inside the playground area to get to it if I remember correctly. We couldn't find it at first either!
I believe it is called "the Boneyard". On our first trip with DD, she was just 3 and the Boneyard was the highlight of her day. Well, that and of course Festival of the Lion King (we all have the Tee Shirts and now the CD to remind us of our Fav WDW attraction).

Oh, and also, Tusker House actually has really good food available, and at fairly reasonable prices.

I agree with Stitch's Greatest Fa - if you go early, you will see the most animals. The food is placed close to the path of the vehicles. The earlier, the more animals you will see up close. We went first thing one morning and saw soooooooo many of the animals up close and personal. We went back about 1 hour later, and alot many animals were sleeping off the meal.
It made a HUGE difference.::teeth:

Try Pizzafari for lunch. We got 3 kids meals for myself, DH, and Ds's ages 3 & 1 (they shared). There was plenty of food (pizza, chips and drink) plus it was one of the meal deal thingies and came with coupons for ice cream or popcorn and a drink for later. We had lunch and a snack for 4 people that day for $18!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter