What time of day is least busy?

thadlo

Earning My Ears
On a busy Easter weekend, what time of day would be best spent at MK? First thing in morn till afternoon? Later afternoon till closing?

We visited this past Xmas week. By arriving before park openings (budget time to get thru security) we had the most fun from opening until just past lunch. You'll never have lower crowds than at rope drop.

But, I'll admit I've never done one of those 12am-3am evening magic hours! Perhaps that would trump rope drop!!!

Expect park closings due to capacity during the afternoons of Easter week.

K

Like the PP said, get there for rope drop! You will be amazed at how much you will be able to get done in the first 2 hours after park opening!

It's been some time since I did WDW at that time of year, but I think being there for rope drop is the best approach for pretty much any time of year. Regardless of when we've gone, it's around 11:30a when I always feel like things start taking a bit longer. I remember one day in MK last trip where I turned around at about 10a and was shocked at how much we did in about an hr. :goodvibes

Our kids are too young for us to really reap the benefits of late EMH, but I do remember being in MK after Wishes on a night when EMH went until 2am and we got quite a bit done in the 90min we planned to let the post Wishes mass exodus settle down. So, I guess if you have a decent evening EMH- that might also be good.

I concur, the time before lunchtime was the most productive, as the crowds really built to a high level around that time. We left then and returned in the evening and found some things not so bad at that time, Pirates stands out in my mind. Then it was a little better the later you stayed, but still I think your best bet for riding the "biggies" is early.

I have to admit that I have never been there for rope drop, but I can tell you that 1-3am (if they are open that late) the rides are all walk on. This was last year during spring break. We rode more rides in 2 hours than the entire rest of the day.

Rope drop is the best. Usually by the time I'm in the park and heading to the first attraction I want to ride, I'm fully awake. I've been when it's open very late, and yes, the crowds leave and everything is walk on, but if you've been at Disney all day, you'll probably be tired and just ready to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter