What time is it?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by mindylee847, Mar 6, 2012.

1. mindylee847

mindylee847 Mouseketeer

So in this day and age, most of us use or cell phones to check the time. I don't plan on carrying my iPhone around on the ship. We are taking our first cruise for our honeymoon in April and I'm concerned about missing activities because I won't know the time! Are there clocks around? I'm just not a watch person, but I can always go and get a waterproof one...

Thanks for the help!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneybeachprincess

disneybeachprincess Disney Girl from Day One

First of all congrats & you are going to love DCL :love: We turn our phones off once we leave the port. There is a clock in the room & on the TV channel that shows current time, weather, location, etc... You will find clocks around the ships as well. We took an old unactivated cell phone for our watch & alarm clock. We bought our DS now 12 a $10 waterproof watch @ Walmart or Target so he could keep up with activity times. Most of all, highlight your Navigator paper (on your bed each night after dinner for the next day) so you will know the times & places of the things you want to do. Once we got to CCay, we never looked at a clock until it was time to board the ship @ 430pm. Happy cruising! :cheer2:

4. nzdisneymom

nzdisneymom DIS Veteran

Yes, there are clocks around but they often blend into the woodwork! You'll want a watch for your time in the ports to make sure you get back to the ship on time. I can't remember if there are clocks on the stairs (at either the landings or the mid-landings).......

5. sdjen

sdjen DIS Veteran

I had the same problem. Other than by the pool and in the room, I could never seem to find a clock. And, since I didnt want the cell phone on and I hate wearing watches, here is what I did.

I bought a cheap waterproof watch at Target. Less than $20. I would loop that around either my lanyard with the KTTW cards or on my camera case while off the boat. It was great to always have the time available when you have something you need to get to. And, since it was waterproof, no worries about pool water, etc...

Have fun!

6. mindylee847

mindylee847 Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the quick responses!! I didn't even think of taking a watch and looping around things like my camera case. That's a great idea. I guess I'll be heading to Target! :cool1: