What time do you go to bed?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by tvguy, Oct 3, 2012.

1. tvguy

tvguy Question anything the facts don't support.

Went on a cruise (not on Disney) to Alaska, amazed how early folks went to bed. Even on a seas day. Pretty quiet after 10 pm. First cruise I took 30 years ago, the night club didn't even open until 1:30 am.

Just seems to me that people are going to bed earlier. Are you?

I should note, I have never had a "normal" work schedule, thus my sleep schedule has never been normal. 25 years of working 11 pm to 7 am and sleeping 9 am to 5 pm, and these days due to my work schedule (and that of my wife) normal bed time during the week is 7 pm.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LittleMissMagic

LittleMissMagic Victoria on Vacation

On a normal day, usually around midnight.

On weekends, as late as 3am... sometimes later :rotfl:

4. jujube

jujube DIS Veteran

Between 3-5 am is my usual time. My children are grown and I sleep until 11 am.

5. BreeBree

BreeBree Earning My Ears

Whenever I'm allowed to! I've been struggling with my DD at bedtime and it's definitely limiting the amount of sleep I get. Most nights I'm in bed at around 1am, I cherish a good nap every once in awhile!

6. nchulka

nchulka <font color=purple>it was funny when the creepy gu

I usually go to sleep around midnight and get up around 8. I'm not a morning person. I can go to bed earlier, but I still wake up about 8 :confused3 Even if I go to sleep at 10 (and I always fall right asleep) I still don't wake up until 8. I have always been an excellent sleeper. My mother said she got some advice when she was pregnant with me that she should make lots of noise while I slept so I would learn to sleep well! She says she would come in my room and vacuum under my crib and make various other noises while I slept. Judging from the number of my friends who post things on fb about all the trouble they have sleeping I sure am thankful to whoever gave her that wonderful advise :thumbsup2

7. tvguy

tvguy Question anything the facts don't support.

I think my mom got the same advice. During my many years of sleeping 9 am to 5 pm I slept through them putting a new roof on my house and them buidling an addition on the back of my house.

8. wdwmom0f3

wdwmom0f3 Thankful my embarrassing tag is gone!

I am normally in bed by 10:00 but thanks to the iPad I stay up way to late. Most of the time I am asleep by 1 am. I get up at 6:00 am.

9. ladypage

ladypage <font color=royalblue>And that's how the story abo

Normally not before 2 am. Often around 5 or 6 in the morning.

10. superme80

superme80 DIS Veteran

I had horrible insomnia with DS #2 and DH is a night owl. I am normally in bed by 2 am. Other nights around 4 or 5 am. Thankfully coffee keeps me going. :coffee:

11. ilovepcot

ilovepcot <font color=purple>Caused the first ever Tag Fairy

Same here. :)

12. novajeanjellybean

novajeanjellybean One day my prince will come........

Normally between 12-2 am with 12 am being early. I am also not a morning person but should be up around 8 every morning. I rarely make 8, 8:30 am is the average. I have 1 day off per week and I can easily sleep in until 11 am or later. I also nap on my day off or if I get off early. I love to sleep!! :upsidedow

13. HelenaB

HelenaB Mouseketeer

Usually not later than 10pm. But then I'm an early riser - always up at 6am and I don't "do well" without my sleep!

14. mamamary

mamamary DIS Veteran

I am usually sound asleep by 10:30pm. I am an early riser.

15. PollyannaMom

PollyannaMom I was a click-clack champ!!

I'm an absolute morning person. I usually go to bed around 9:30.

16. aprilgail2

aprilgail2 Guest

I get up anywhere from 530-6am for work and I go to sleep anywhere from 11-midnight.

17. suzimar57

suzimar57 Miss my Happy Place.

usually by 9pm (sometimes, even by 8pm...)

wake up by 430am - DH (electrician) leaves for work before 6am

even on vacations, we pretty much stick to this schedule

yep - even in vegas - also in disney!

haven't "seen" NYE live on TV since my late 20s....

18. Tinker'n'Fun

Tinker'n'Fun Apple peaches pumpkin pie, not ready holler "I"

Go to bed around 11-12. Usually up around 3-4ish, back to bed, up at 6:30am for lunches/breakfast for my husband and son. I then try to stay awake as far as I can. I take a nap usually each day anywhere from 1-4 hours. So not normal!

19. NikitaZee

NikitaZee DIS Veteran

Bed at 11-11:30, up at 5:30 (sometimes 4:30 if DH has an early day). Weekends stay up late (1am or so) and sleep in.

20. Kathryn Merteuil

Kathryn Merteuil Barden Bella

It really depends on the time of year. During school, I try to get in bed no later than 10:00 pm. Many times it's about 8:30 or so. Depending on the morning and when I get up. A lot of times it is like 4:30 am.

During vacation, and weekends all bets are off. I don't know if it's bad for you or not, but I like to sleep in 2 shifts of about 4 hours. I guess it sounds unnatural, but I really like it.

21. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 DIS Veteran

If on day shift or the night before day shift about 9pm. On other days its about 10. On the start of a night shift I go to bed at 12 to get 4 hours sleep then its about 9.30 am in the morning that I go to bed. Working dayshift and night shift means my sleep pattern can get erratic also my eating habits I often eat dinner at 9pm.