What time do we need to get to the gate for opening

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by ballarinamom, May 9, 2013.

1. ballarinamom

ballarinamom DIS Veteran

I know what time I need to get in line for entry into WDW but have no clue about IOA or US. We will be at the Hard Rock and will have early entry. We will be there June 21-22 which looks like the weekend Transformers will be opening. Wish I had know before we planned everything out! LOL!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. damo

damo Proud Redhead

If the early entry starts at 8 am, be there for 7:15.

There might be early admission at both parks around the time of Transformers opening. They did that with Despicable Me when it opened last year.

You are smart being there before the official opening. It should be much less busy and there should be soft openings by then.

4. mjohnson96

mjohnson96 DIS Veteran

Actually they are going opening weekend, just like us. We will be there June 21-24. Now they could extend out the grand opening, looks to still be set for June 20th.

We seem to time our trips during grand openings of the rides. We happen to be there the week that WWOHP opened and it was crazy busy :) Pretty much decided us that we would never even think of staying offsite again.

5. damo

damo Proud Redhead

I have no clue why I answsered what I did, lol. I need to read a little more slowly. For some reason I thought I read June 8-10. I must have gotten mixed up with another thread.

I'd still get there at 7:15 though if early admission is starting at 8. Just ignore the rest of what I said. ;)

6. ballarinamom

ballarinamom DIS Veteran

Thanks everybody! Lucky us getting there opening weekend- Eeks! Now at Disney, I usually get up early and go get in line and my family comes a little later. Is that acceptable at USF?

7. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Do you mean you hold spots for your family in the entrance line? I doubt anyone would say anything to you but I don't like it personally. Maybe I'm an old fuddy duddy but I don't want to have several people jumping in front of me when I've been standing in line...but that's just me. I would not do that with my family...everyone should come and stand together.

8. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

I am with you on this one..No one loves getting up early( esp on vacation) and getting in line but we all do it.I wouldn't do it.