What time can we board?

kbkids

<font color=cc0066>Loves the World in February<br>
For the 3 night cruise, they are showing boarding at 4:00. Is this the earliest you can board? Or is this when the boat leaves? If so, what is the earliest you can board?

kbkids said:
For the 3 night cruise, they are showing boarding at 4:00. Is this the earliest you can board? Or is this when the boat leaves? If so, what is the earliest you can board?

Boarding is anywhere between just before noon and just before the departure of the ship. The lifeboat drill is normally scheduled for 4:00 and departure for 5:00 on the cruises I have taken...none of them a 3-day... I cannot imagine why the schedule would be different for a 3-day.

4:00 is considered the final boarding call. Take a closer look at your literature and see if that's how it reads. :)

Definitely 4:00 would be cut-off. We love to board as early as possible, especially with a 3 day cruise. Your time is limited, and the first day is included in what you paid, so if you can, get there early!!! Nice and quiet areas.. :earsgirl:

We cruised in late Feb on the 3-day and we were one of the first to board -- we got on well before noon -- maybe 11:00 or so -- it was great -- we had 4 or 5 hours on the ship before the drill -- it felt like a longer vacation boarding that early -- :cool1:

What time did you get in line to check in to get on the boat around 11 or 12? I don't want to miss a second :goodvibes

I received in my documents my embarkation time as 1:00p....Is this what Disney goes by? Or is it first there first to board?

We arrived at the port when they open up 10:30, checked-in, and got in the boarding line by 11 .. :)

depomas said:
We arrived at the port when they open up 10:30, checked-in, and got in the boarding line by 11 .. :)

Thanks, I heard 1:00 too but I heard others say earlier I just didn't know what earlier meant ;)

We were the first car in the port parking lot -- thus, we were the first car in line to drop off our luggage curbside at the terminal -- while my husband re-parked the car in the lot and paid (in advance) -- the boys (DS8 DS5) and I entered the terminal -- we literally were the first people in there -- it was great! We made it in before ANY of the shuttles arrived -- I would do this again in a heartbeat -- We were let into the terminal well before 10:30 -- we checked in VERY quickly got our KTTW cards and we were set to go -- they had kids club sign-up in the terminal so we did that and I stood in line to board while my husband and boys explored the terminal.

There were very few VIPs or concierge passengers to board first so, again, we were amongst the first 4 or 5 groups to get on the ship -- I'm sure it was around 11:30 -- this was awesome and we had the whole day ahead of us on the ship -- it seems most everything is up and running by then -- pools were open, everything was clean and tidy -- had a great lunch --- I would HIGHLY recommend getting the terminal as early as you can, within reason -- some of our first magical moment occured during our first few hours on the ship ---

That's my arrival and embarktion story -- hope it helps!

Wonderfan- that is what I want to do... I am so excited to go. When you said well before 10:30 approx what time? Do you remember?

The port technically opens at 10:30 for check in but could start letting people in up to about 10 minutes before that....depends on what is going on in the terminal that particular day.

Boarding time is anytime from about 11:40 on....again, all depends on how quickly they can get the ship prepared for the new guests....very rarely is it after 12:00 or so, most of the time earlier.

We often are some of the first ones in the terminal..

Here is a link to a pic of my dd and hubby waiting to get on the boarding line this past January. And in the background is my son talking to one of the counselors he remembered from a previous cruise..what a memory on both their parts.....she was one of the teen counselors when he was 17...now he is 20!!!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/249426676/249461837CevzZw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!