What time can I get wheelchair?

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by disneyobessed, Sep 27, 2012.

1. disneyobessed

disneyobessed DIS Veteran

We are looking at making an early reservation for TuskerHouse 8am before the park opens. We are going to rent a wheelchair for my son, will the wheelchair/scooter rental booth be open before the park opens?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneyobessed

disneyobessed DIS Veteran

4. rewardsinlife

rewardsinlife Mouseketeer

I was holding back on replying on this thread because I am not completely sure of the answer. Question to answer if you please....

Is this a restaurant inside of the park? Then I can steer you with a somewhat complete, and hopefully accurate answer. :)

5. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

I believe the wheelchair/ECV/stroller rental locations in the park are open as soon as they allow anyone to enter the park - including for early ADRs.

I know you indicated preference to rent in the park, but another alternative is to rent off-site which will allow your son more use of the wheelchair - to/from parks, around your resort, DTD, etc. It will also be less expensive off-site if you plan to need the w/c for multiple days.

Enjoy your vacation!

6. HappyDznyCamper

HappyDznyCamper <font color=teal>Happily camping since 1972<br><fo

Offsite rental will also give you a choice of sizes, if your son is young, or just smaller than a adult a pediatric chair would be more comfortable, Disney doesn't offer anything other than adult chairs.

7. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

You may be much better off renting a wheelchair from off-site, especially if a standard wheelchair would be large for him.

If you click on where it says "disABILTIES" at the top of this page it will take you to the Index. One of the top items is the "disABILTIES FAQ" which will gives lots of useful information, including in Post #2 where people rent ECVs and wheelchairs.

Or, if you want an easier route to the FAQs, click on the link in my signature.

But if you definitely want to rent at a Park, the wheelchair rentals are open at the time the first Guests are allowed into the Park, taking into consideration both Morning EMH as well as any pre-opening breakfast reservations.