What time at Ohana for Fireworks??

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by AuroraMeansDawn, May 14, 2010.

1. AuroraMeansDawn

AuroraMeansDawn DIS Veteran

We'd like to watch Wishes from Ohana or the beach at the Poly. It's a MVMCP night so we thought Wishes might be different? Is it? Would they still pipe in the music if it's a special occasion night at MK?

Would it be better to try to book an early reservation, say 8:30 when Wishes starts at 10 and be willing to wait for a window seat or would it be better to book a 9:30 or so reservation and watch the EWP at 9:00 then go in to watch Wishes while we eat?

Thanks so much for your input!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sydney dog

sydney dog Mouseketeer

I booked a 7:40 reservation for a 9:00 Wishes. I'm figuring waiting for about an hour for a window seat and hopefully just sit down when Wishes is about to start.

4. diswiththree

diswiththree Mouseketeer

I'm a dummy :confused: What does MVMCP stand for?

5. wdwfanatic316

wdwfanatic316 DIS Veteran

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. It's a hard ticket event at the MK in Nov/Dec. :goodvibes

6. sydney dog

sydney dog Mouseketeer

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

I only know because i keep a list of the abbreviations on my computer.

7. AuroraMeansDawn

AuroraMeansDawn DIS Veteran

any seasoned vets out there who can offer some sage advice on this?

Can you see the EWP from the window seats?

8. Tiggerfan40

Tiggerfan40 Mouseketeer

We had an 8:15 reservation at O'hana last Sunday and the fireworks started at 9:00pm (we thought they started at 10:00?) the lights dimmed and the Wishes music was piped in! People left their seats and gathered around to watch! Luckily we had a great seat and it was perfect! :)

9. thorphin

thorphin DIS Veteran

Anyone ever get seated for a 9:55 ressie? Is there still a long delay for a table at that point?

On the plus side, I'm actually trying to AVOID being in the restaurant during Wishes because the people I'll be with haven't experienced Wishes yet and I think it would be better for them if their first time was on Main Street.

10. Dizneydaz

Dizneydaz DIS Veteran

We haven't watched the fireworks from MVMCP from Poly's beach but we have watched the ones from MNNSHP and they were spooktacular! You could really see the ones that seem to be shot off from all over the park really well.