What Stateroom for family of 5

Have you considered booking to connecting cabins? We too are a family of 5, and we recently booked two connecting cabins for our b2b cruises. We're saving quite a bit of money in doing so. You may want to do a bit of price comparison to see what would be best for you and your family.

All the best...
what cabins did you book? was it the disney dream?

When they have the sofa bed instead of Murphy that still fits five. 2 for the sofa bed, 1 bunk and 2 queen. We had this in the Family stateroom Concierge. I prefer the Murphy where everyone has their own bed.

Non-concierge sof beds only sleep one person. It is not a pullout couch. The back of the sofa flips forward. It is roughly the same size of the pull down bunk.

what cabins did you book? was it the disney dream?
No, I'm sorry we're booked on the Magic, cabins 2083 & 2085. I recently posted questions concerning these two cabins and got really great feedback. From what I gather they are excellent rooms on an excellent location. Granted they are inside cabins, BUT the same can be achieved with a window or balcony.

I've sailed on the Dream and it was wonderful we were on deck 5 with an accessible room and window. It was GINORMOUS!!!

I would seriously consider two rooms, we're saving almost $3000.00 by doing this. It also gives you two bathrooms, extra beds, another t.v., and overall more space and storage.

I'd recommend getting 2 connecting 8A staterooms. We're a family of 5, and have booked those connecting staterooms twice (once per each side of the ship). They're big and awesome with 2 giant porthole windows per room - but, the bathrooms aren't split, and 2 of the kids would need to share a bed if you had them all in one of the rooms.

I'd recommend getting 2 connecting 8A staterooms. We're a family of 5, and have booked those connecting staterooms twice (once per each side of the ship). They're big and awesome with 2 giant porthole windows per room - but, the bathrooms aren't split, and 2 of the kids would need to share a bed if you had them all in one of the rooms.
How is there 2 portholes?
We are changing our booking to a 4 night cruise instead which sails on holloween :)

The 8A staterooms have 2 portholes. They're big and spacious (for a cruise ship room). You will only get the option of these rooms (you will not see them if you attempt to make a reservation for 5) if you make 2 reservations because they only sleep 3, so you will need to book 2 reservations. I just looked at the website, and I see that they are available for the Halloween cruise.

Last edited:
The 8A staterooms have 2 portholes. They're big and spacious (for a cruise ship room). You will only get the option of these rooms (you will not see them if you attempt to make a reservation for 5) if you make 2 reservations because they only sleep 3, so you will need to book 2 reservations. I just looked at the website, and I see that they are available for the Halloween cruise.
what stateroom numbers are you looking at for 8A

How did you find the Disney Dream and Cruise as a first timer? Did you have any of those decorations for your door etc
Any tips you have would be great as it will be our first time cruising also, difference is we will have 3 kids under the age of 6 lol.

We loved it so much! The Dream is beautiful and there is so much to do, we booked a 3 night and left wanting more! My tip to you would be to try and see as much of the ship as you can, you will be amazed with it! Watch all of the shows, ride the Aqua Duck and watch a movie in the theater. We went to Atlantis in the Bahamas and really enjoyed it, I know there are conflicting opinions on the Bahamas but we loved it! I did decorate our state room door, I made my own magnets. We just booked the Magic for next Spring Break, want to experience all of the cruise ships! Good luck with your planning, you will have a Magical time!!

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter