What souveniers do you buy?

Vickie46

DIS Veteran
What are some of your ideas for the best souveniers to buy? We love the ornament, pins and mugs. We can't wait to shop.

We generally opt for ornaments, and lately every so often some of the art. We've found an art piece or two can be that as a bunch of shirts and is something in to hang up in the house and have a regular reminder.

My "stash" every trip usually includes:
  • an ornament
  • a t-shirt
  • a mug
  • maybe a bracelet or another quality, high-end souvenir (Alex and Ani for the win!!)
  • tons of pins
and I don't like to admit it, but usually, a new stuffed animal somehow "sneaks" into my suitcase at the end of every trip ;)

An ornament-I like the ones shaped like the Mickey icon best, it makes my tree look more cohesive. I always seem to come home with a million t-shirts, too. That's all I wear, Summer and Winter. And I always buy something Sorcerer Mickey, because I collect him. I have a zillion pins from my 2006 trip, so I don't buy them so much anymore.

I haven't been to WDW since that new Haunted Mansion-themed shop opened up. I could be in trouble there.:lovestruc

We've been enough times now that we don't feel the need to do tons of souvenir shopping. But no matter how many times I go I have to get a new refillable mug from the hotel. I have 8 of them and use them daily for the coffee I drink in the car on my way to work - I can never have enough of these! I know others don't feel as fondly about them as I do, but I love them :) And I think the cost is very reasonable when you consider the sodas you get while you are there plus their use once home.

If anything else catches my eye, it's usually some sort of kitchen gadget. Last time we went I got Mickey and Minnie salt and pepper shakers for the dinner table. They are cute and give a small touch of whimsy to the kitchen without screaming "DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". Over the years, I've also picked up a spoon rest, chip clips, a Mickey head cookie cutter and Mickey head muffin tins.

I've gone through various phases over the years, pins, key chains, coffee mugs but the one thing that I get every trip is a photo album. Someday I'll sit down and fill them, lol!

We always make sure to have a few of the following:

Pins
Coffee Mug(s)
Sweatshirt for my DW
Stuffed Animal for DD

I'm going to add to my collection of Larry Dotson art prints and magnets on our next trip. Definitely going to get a parks exclusive Pandora charm, and maybe a new coffee mug.
My dd will probably get some chopsticks from the Japan Pavillion and a new Pillow Pet.

Usually nothing. Occasionally, something will catch my eye and I'll have to buy it (or wish I had). For instance, the "land" keys. I have the Small World one. Oh, this is from Disneyland--not sure whether or not they have the same thing at WDW. I wish I'd gotten a golden E-ticket when they still had them, but I waited too long. I bought the Haunted Mansion pins that were the portrait room pictures. There was a bat lanyard that was a small black light and the portraits would change like the real ones when the light hit them. I almost passed them up because they were $50, but now I'm glad I got them. I wish they'd do more of those.

Popcorn bucket. Pins. Oh and the caution cone from Calif. Adventure in cars land.

I love things we use. Minnie kitchen towels cost way too much, but I see them every day and they make me smile! :earsboy: Same with the Mickey coasters and character towels the kids use at bath time every night. Best is probably the shotglasses the kids use in the bathroom after brushing their teeth. They came in a set of four, plastic, different colors with classic Mickey's.

Magnets and small kitchen items (like potholders). As a SAHM who cooks every day, I like being surrounded by reminders of my trips, and these items are both useful and nostalgic!

Always have to get a Christmas decoration for my tree we try and get one with the year on it. Also I love the kitchen stuff bought Mickey oven mitt and ice cubes in the past im sure I'll get more in my next trip. On my last trip I got a few pins so I'm sure I'll get some next year :)

Just bought some super cute 'orange bird' juice glasses in the MK. Makes me think of Main St. when I have my oj every morning.:goodvibes

We're not much on souvenirs, but I like to buy subtle things that remind of us of our trip. We typically buy a plant from the Behind the Seeds tour desk (a plant they grow in the Land area and sell; usually under $15) and plant it when we get home. I buy a Christmas ornament every long trip (we go for a couple weekend trips a year and I'd have to have 4 Christmas trees if I bought one during every trip!) and my husband buys the cloth Mickey Crocs if he can find them as he loves to wear them in and out of the parks. In the past, I have purchased those pick a pearl items in the Japan pavilion and had it set into a necklace. Other than that, we don't buy a lot of stuff. Gotta save our money for the next trip! :)

I do have to say that if you find something you like, buy it then. Years ago, I went back and forth on buying a set of adorable Tomorrowland themed plates for like $25 in the Animator's store in DHS. We were coming back in a couple of months so I decided I'd just get them then. They were gone and I've never seen them since (except for on Ebay for double the price).

We started a tradition a few years ago of buying a magnet for every place we visit as a family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter