what size carry on for cruise?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by jordgubben, Jun 12, 2004.

1. jordgubben

jordgubben <font color=red>Has a Buzz Lightyear shoot-off wit

We took a Carnival Cruise last year and the size carryon that we were allowed was basically a small backpack.

What size carry on do you normally take onto your disney crusie (especially since you're basically supposed to have your dinner clothes and swimsuit)??

2. invaderzim

invaderzim DIS Veteran

We each take a carry on -- the same ones we took on the plane because they usually have our medicines and swimsuits. We don't worry about dinner clothes because we've never gotten our luggage later than 5 p.m.

Our carry-ons range from large backpacks to small luggage with wheels and totes.

3. Zandy595

Zandy595 DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f

If you get on the ship early, don't forget you'll have to carry your stuff around until they let you in your cabin. I wouldn't make the bags too heavy.

I didn't pack dinner clothes in my carry on for our last cruise and I don't plan to do it on the next one either. They would be a mess and I hate to iron. I'm not too worried about not getting them in time. If I don't get them in time and have to wear shorts to dinner I'm sure I won't be the first.

4. ivanova

ivanova <font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Hi

your carryon size cannot exceed airplane limits (I think it's 22 x 14 x 8) ... because DCL uses airport scanners for the carryon luggage, so your carryon has to be able to fit through the scanner.