• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What should I get DH

How about one of those Keurig (I think that is the name) coffee systems. The kind you buy Pods for and can brew a cup at a time. I know you said he cut back on the coffee, but he could treat himself every now and then to a cup of coffee. The pods also come in all sorts of fancy flavors and brands, so he could try some different kinds depending on the mood.

Since he works from home, maybe a nice pair of hard soled slippers. I like those because if I need to run outside (for the mail/paper/delivery) I can but they are comfy in the house.

Luckily my DH is super easy to buy for -- he's always got some hobby going on (wine, beer making, techno, and voila, plenty of ideas), but his FATHER on the other hand makes me want to pound my head against a wall.

This year his dad is getting an outdoor firepit or chimenea, and we just found this little electronic handheld compass type thing that works on satellite called Bushnell GPS Backtracker. It's great for anyone who likes to do outdoor things, as it's a very simplified version of a handheld GPS. You set it from the spot you eventually want to get back to (like your car), go do your thing and when you want to go back just ask it to point you in the right direction a la compass style. Since DH's dad goes out to west Texas, which as anyone whose been can tell you there are places with ZERO landmarks, it's a good gift and was only about $55. He's also been known to go out on his boat and then forget which cove he's parked in :rolleyes1 The package also advertises for people to find their cars when they park in large parking areas. Good for concerts, malls, etc ;)

If you are thinking about a Netflix subscription, you can also buy one of those Samsung or LG bluerays that allow you to view Netflix "View it Now" movies immediately on your television. They are a liiiiittle pricey though *gasp, gasp*

They do have xm devices that you plug and play in the car that also go into a device at home with speakers. Or you could just get him a regular plug and play car device, as he can listen to XM over his computer at home. For Christmas I am upgrading DH's XM device...they had a FANTASTIC deal on the XM website for the XpressR at only $49 (about half the price of other places). This one will allow 30 minutes of pause/rewind for music, etc., as well as display what's on multiple channels rather than having to surf.

DH is also getting a gift certificate to a beer brewing supply store, an impressive bottle of bourbon he'd never spend the money on but would covet, shoes I want to see him in (okay, so that one's for me, but I really hate his sneakers ;) ), a one-cup tea steeper for work, WII game, and a few wind-up flashlights he's always swearing he needs but keeps forgetting to buy. I don't know that any of that would help you, but you never know :)

DH and I always buy one big gift together. This year is a new TV. DH is a truck driver so I also buy him stuff to keep in his backpack. Whiteout, rolaids, batteries, flashlight, wool socks and the pens that he likes to do his paper work with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter