What should be expected at Bridal Showcase

Here's the Schedule that I have on my Email for Saturday:

8:00am-5:00pm Registration
((Pre Registration on Friday from 1-5pm))

9:00am-5:30 Bridal Showcase

10:30-11:30 Panel of Experts (We chose the early one)

8:00pm-9:30pm Epcot Dessert Party

------

You should be fine to get there after 8:00am. We're having breakfast at Kona at 8:00 and then going over. The easiest way to get there will probably take the MK bus and jump on the monorail or boat. We're about 7 weeks away!!!

Does anyone know if there will be decor options set up, other than the one room that was set up last time that I read about in this post? I'm interested in viewing choices for linens, chairs, floral, etc. Has anyone asked a Disney rep about the details of the open house?

Hoping to finalize everything this week for our trip.

When is the actual luncheon, time, location, etc? I'm trying to get DF to go golfing while me and my mom are at the luncheon and then make sure he's got enough time to come back to the hotel and get ready and go to the dessert party with us.

Hoping to finalize everything this week for our trip.

When is the actual luncheon, time, location, etc? I'm trying to get DF to go golfing while me and my mom are at the luncheon and then make sure he's got enough time to come back to the hotel and get ready and go to the dessert party with us.

I want to say the luncheon is 11:30-1:30 (almost sure of this one), or 12-2, or 12:30-2:30, lol. It was for sure 2 hours, but I canceled that part because of my food allergies and the lack-luster explanation of it from a castmember when I called event services.

The exact time is in your confirmation email... I just can't get to my personal email at work--and I'm not getting any service on my phone to get it either. You may try calling: 407.827.7600

For the dessert party, you have to meet at the Grand Floridian Convention Center for the bus which leaves at 7:45. The dessert party starts at 8. They said you have to take the bus and that they will not let you in at the International Gateway.

In other bridal showcase news.... In case anyone was wondering. I have sent 2 emails, and have had 2 phone calls into Event Services.

I have been questioning the sample sizes of dresses they are bringing for the appointments. I told them I wanted to cancel my appointment if I would be expected to squash into a 10 or a 12. They said to keep it and they'd look into it. I wanted to show my stepmom the Snow White dress. The emails gave a paragraph each that didn't answer my questions. Kind of like a back handed "I don't know". So then I called and was told they'd call me back, this was twice and my last call was over a week ago--no call back from either. So I'm calling back today to cancel--I'm not going to put myself into a potentially embarrassing situation. That's a half hour of my life I could use for Basin White shopping.

In other bridal showcase news.... In case anyone was wondering. I have sent 2 emails, and have had 2 phone calls into Event Services.

I have been questioning the sample sizes of dresses they are bringing for the appointments. I told them I wanted to cancel my appointment if I would be expected to squash into a 10 or a 12. They said to keep it and they'd look into it. I wanted to show my stepmom the Snow White dress. The emails gave a paragraph each that didn't answer my questions. Kind of like a back handed "I don't know". So then I called and was told they'd call me back, this was twice and my last call was over a week ago--no call back from either. So I'm calling back today to cancel--I'm not going to put myself into a potentially embarrassing situation. That's a half hour of my life I could use for Basin White shopping.

A facebook user on the Disney Showcase Event page asked about this. http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=180109692025742&id=694088479

My fiancée had wondered about this as well, and I saw this posting. Hope it helps! She has a 3:40pm appointment.

thanks for the reply :) i realized after i hit send that i didn't even say please :rotfl2:

sorry about that... i was in the middle of an intense work project, lol. i'll have to check that FB page out when i get home tonight! see you in a couple weeks!!

I finally took the plunge and booked everything, we are staying at all star music, and DF will be golfing during the day while me and my mom go to the luncheon and then meeting back up with us to go to the dessert party!! I can't wait!!! :banana::banana:

I was upset at the answer on one of the questions on the FB event, as a lady asked if they could book/pay for the dessert party without the showcase, and the reply was yes of course, etc... But I tried to do just the dessert party for DF as he's only doing that and it wouldn't allow me :confused3 oh well only saves us $25 nothing to bad I guess.

I finally took the plunge and booked everything, we are staying at all star music, and DF will be golfing during the day while me and my mom go to the luncheon and then meeting back up with us to go to the dessert party!! I can't wait!!! :banana::banana:

I was upset at the answer on one of the questions on the FB event, as a lady asked if they could book/pay for the dessert party without the showcase, and the reply was yes of course, etc... But I tried to do just the dessert party for DF as he's only doing that and it wouldn't allow me :confused3 oh well only saves us $25 nothing to bad I guess.

Yay!! My stepmom and I are getting excited too!! We plan on breakfast at Kona, get to the GF early, morning panel of experts, lunch at the grand floridian cafe, back for the dress fitting, shopping at basin white... then back to the resort until the dessert party :) Don't forget your camera!!! I hope the luncheon ends up being more fun than the castmember made it sound to me... you'll have to let us know!!

I am so excited. My Fiance and I are flying down just for this event!! It happens to work out perfectly with having our Engagement session and getting a trial run for hair and make up right before!! I can't wait for the dessert party!! See you all real soon!!

Anyone staying at the Contemporary??

:banana: (thought he was cute lol)

Has everyone received the email about the one hour survey on Thursday and Friday 3/17 and 3/18? I filled out the form from the email and received a call today saying I was picked. It's one hour at the contemporary, after the survey, we'll be getting a $100 Disney gift card.

Anyone else doing this?

Yes I am doing it also. I am on thurs, I'm excited to see what it is going be like.

I also got a call today asking to participate in the one hour survey. They said I would receive a confirmation email telling me where to go at the Contemporary (I'm on Friday). Haven't received it yet though :confused3

So a question for those more experienced in these type of things, I'm a local to orlando and to disney.
I only have friday off of work, do you ladies think it would it even be worth going just for friday? I have already seen the venues. Will there be anything else going on?

Thanks for your opinion!

I also got a call today asking to participate in the one hour survey. They said I would receive a confirmation email telling me where to go at the Contemporary (I'm on Friday). Haven't received it yet though :confused3

Got the email today. Did you get yours?

So a question for those more experienced in these type of things, I'm a local to orlando and to disney.
I only have friday off of work, do you ladies think it would it even be worth going just for friday? I have already seen the venues. Will there be anything else going on?

Thanks for your opinion!

I'm not a lady, but I'll try to tackle your question. :laughing:

Friday seems like a huge day with a lot going on, convention center type. Between one-on-one with experts and consultants, lunch with david, showcasing the new dresses, and inspirational ideas for your wedding.

I feel if you are actually doing a Disney wedding, and local enough not to have to spend a lot on transportation/lodging, then it's a great idea to go.

Friday is only pre-registration and the Ceremony Site Tours. Some have pre-scheduled one on one meetings at the Contemporary.

Saturday is the Showcase, Luncheon, Dress Fittings and Dessert Party.

Sunday is a tour of the Reception Sites.

The registration website states that the Ceremony and Reception tours for Friday and Sunday are Full.

Maybe they'll have another one in the fall??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter