What rules would you like Disney to change?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Cats12, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunryzez

sunryzez Mouseketeer

I really hope you are just trying to be sarcastic because if not you are being very rude.
    Peoples height/weight/tattoos are noone else's business.
    I am short, thin, and have three tattoos if you find me offensive when you see me on the ship please let me know! :rolleyes1

On a serious note, I love dcl and honestly cant think of any rules that bother me. I don't love the no saving seat rule for the live shows because I always feel rushed after dinner to get a good seat but I understand why they implement it.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Steve Dexter

Steve Dexter Would rather be at Satellite Falls

I enjoyed seeing all the tats, sometimes I felt like I was the only one that didn't have at least one. Worst thing is, now I think I want one!

4. Justacruiser

Justacruiser Military Veteran

They should have security guards with weapons at the entrances of adult only areas and check ID's. And turn folks around that have violated my weight allowance for proper bathing suites. As I always say, "why do the wrong people always wear the right bathing suits"?

5. MND

MND DIS Veteran

No, I'm not being sarcastic at all and I'm not being rude. The OP asked and I answered.

Mike

6. darkwing818

darkwing818 DIS Veteran

For me it's not so much; what rules I would like to add, eliminate or change. The way I see it, it's Disney's Ships they should set the rules. The problem I have is that the some rules don't seem to be universally enforced e.g. No saving lounge chairs, no children under 18 allowed in the adult areas etc. etc... But if push came to shove, I'd like to see them ban smoking on the entire ship, & I like a good cigar ::yes:: every now & then..

7. disneydreamer82

disneydreamer82 DIS Veteran

I agree!:thumbsup2::yes::

8. Blanche_Neige

Blanche_Neige DIS Veteran

:rotfl:

You forgot to mention back hair :lmao:

I agree with the non smoking, adult area being for 18+ ONLY :thumbsup2

I would only add sibling can visit each other in the Clubs (lower level, i.e. the 7 year old cannot go to the tween go teen club, but have to older sib can visit them). Just saying that because i was told my 13y old cannot visit my 11y old in the Lab :( and he really wants to go to.

one more :hyper: Servers cannot say the word "Excellent" :thumbsup2

9. erinfarber

erinfarber Mouseketeer

Just out of curiosity, not a smoker myself. We had no problem at all with the 2 rooms on each side of us smoking on their veranda's. We spent several hours each day/night on our verandas, as did the 2 smoking rooms that surrounded us. We knew they were smoking on their veranda, we could see the smoke, but never had any issue with it due to the wind of the cruise ship at sail. In all honesty, it was never an issue for us, the winds were strong enough,that we never smelled or felt bombarded by smoke in any way. I can honestly say, we never had a problem with both neighbors smoking on their veranda's. However, if you are docked at one of the ports, and the ship is standing still , this might be a big issue. I guess it is .. to each their own, we as non- smokers were fine with both neighbors smoking on their verandas, as long as the ship was in motion.

10. linkandclover

linkandclover Mouseketeer

I actually like the Disney rules because to me they are far less strict than other cruise lines. We did RCL and I was not allowed to bring a can of Red Bull on board. Disney lets you even bring your own alcohol. There is a curfew for kids on RCL, Disney doesn't seem to care as my 15 year old was out until 4am most nights (never really saw him). RCL would not let my husband enter MDR in between meals even though he left his lens cover on the bench.
    How you dress for dinner doesn't really matter and although swimwear in MDR seems underdressed to me I really could care less (and I tend to be overdressed for the occasion).
    Enforcing the no kids in the adult area is the only change I would like to see but then I never said anything to the couple who had their daughter there because she was just sitting there calmly.

11. Bonniec

Bonniec DIS Veteran

He's not being rude, the op asked for opinions. That's the first time I've seen someone really against them though. I never realized they bothered people. I don't have them because they aren't my thing, but my husband and twin 19 year olds do, so if y'all don't like em, don't go on the oct 20th cruise, lol

Based on the other thread, I would like to see thongs and banana hammocks banned.

And please don't kill me but I'd love smoking banned. It's not that I care what other people do, it just makes me nervous with fires on a ship. Just my own thoughts. :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

12. Wadekind

Wadekind DIS Veteran

I think OP asked "What rules would you like to see Disney change?" not what new rules would you like to see. I would like to see DCL change the rule that allows smoking on the veranda

After thinking about things I've seen on past vacations and staying with your theme, it made me wonder what do you feel the rules should be for:

People with bad teeth but nice personalities who also smile a lot?
    Mangy back hair (male or female)?
    Yellow crusty toenails?

13. sweetinmaine

sweetinmaine <font color=red>I saw the pictures of the chocolat

I agree! You pay extra for a veranda room and you shouldn't really have
    to smell the smoke if you don't want to. It seems too bad that someone hasn't developed a product that allows both smokers and non-smokers to share the same ship with neither of them being offended...so that everyone gets to enjoy the cruise that they paid a good amount of money for.

14. mbrocker

mbrocker Mouseketeer

I hear those e-cigs might just do that! :)

15. mbrocker

mbrocker Mouseketeer

I'd like for them to remove the dress code in the topsider/cabanas dinner service.

16. Moxin

Moxin Mouseketeer

I'd like to see them remove the rule about needing a shirt to go through Cabanas. It's such a horrible design to force people to go through there to get back to their rooms...for those who's rooms are aft, that is.

17. jm106

jm106 DIS Veteran

I was t aware of any tattoo rules that could be changes to suit pps dislike. Plenty if us have things we personally don't agree with.
    Not such a welcoming feeling

18. tinkerbell 766

tinkerbell 766 <font color=purple>If I can't fly, let me sing. Or

I cannot believe that some people would actually and seriously like to see a rule banning bigger people from wearing whatever they like, or tattooed people from exposing their tattoos!!! What's next? People who dye their hair? And, no, I am neither particularly big or have tattoos myself.
    To answer the OP's question, I would like to see a stricter enforcement of the dress code, particularly on formal and semi-formal night.

19. lizabu

lizabu Disney Maniac

You forgot to ban ugly people. There is no rule banning them currently.

20. sunryzez

sunryzez Mouseketeer

How is saying someone who has a tattoo should be banned from Disney cruising not rude? Or that someone not appealing to someones particular eye should be banned not rude? The OP asked what Disney rules should be changed, not your personal preferences about people's height/weight/appearance are. I'm sorry but I was raised better then that. If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it!

21. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

Wow. Pretty rude comments about people on here. Tattoos? Weight limits on bathing suits? Just wow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.