• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What rides to avoid with motion sickness?

yankeemom

Earning My Ears
I tend to get motion sickness easily (although I'm usually ok on roller coasters) and am also claustrophobic, what rides do you suggest I avoid?

BTTF and Spiderman could be a problem with motion sickness and claustrophobia:jester:

Whatever you do, DO NOT miss Spiderman. It is too great to miss, but it does spin alittle.....

At the Studios, my Dad got viciously ill on Jimmy Neutron.....

If you try Spiderman, try to sit in the middle. You're more apt to feel claustrophobic on the sides when the doors close down. I agree that it's a ride you don't want to miss...

If you are feeling sick on Spiderman, take off the 3D glasses and don't look a the screen but look around you at the other scenery. It is the same with Jimmy Neutron, since the ride is in a large building, you don't have to look at the screen all the time.

I get motion sick but made it through Spiderman 4 or 5 times and would not miss it. BTTF, I could skip that forever. You are closed in and get jerked all around. I was in an outside back seat and kept hitting my head on the car. I was in bad shape at the end of this one. I would not skip Jimmy unless you are really prone to extreme motion problems and would at least do a stationary seat.

my countdown list

4- spiderman - but you really shouldnt miss it. and I will keep riding it and closing my eyes during free fall

3-Cat in the hat- brought back bad memories of tea cups at WDW - buts thats another story. almost made me puke.

2-Jimmy Neutron - A ride I could have easily not taken.

1-BTTF - neven have taken it - never will.

I will never ride Back to the Future Again! I won't ride Body Wars at Disney again either. Star Tours I avoid, but if I had to, I wouldn't throw up... just.

Cat in the Hat, on the other hand, is fine. MUCH better than teacups to me. Spider man is GREAT!!! I don't get sick at all because the ride actually moves. (It is the best ride ever!)

I haven't been on Jimmy Neutron so I can't say.

Hope this helps,

Katherine

I get motion sickness pretty easily on things that spin or simulators.....Cannot read in the car, etc. Roller coasters are OK for me tho...and claustrophobia is a very slight problem I have that leads to panic attacks.

The thing that I had the most problem with was Back to the Future. When I walked out of that thing I had to lay on a bench outside for over an hour trying to not puke and getting my bearings back..it was HORRIBLE! I cannot even explain to you how I felt.

When I rode Spiderman, I sort of had the panic feeling, but once it started, there was so much to look at and it is so interesting, I totally forgot about it...didn't get sick at all.

The Cat in the Hat was a toss up...It spins, it not continuous, once in a while this way and then that way...didn't make me feel sick, just a little "off center" maybe (not sure how else to explain it).

Have not tried Jimmy Neutron, but plan on taking good old BONINE and not missing it.

I took some OTC medication for motion sickness and it worked. I was able to go on all the rides.

BTTF really does jerk you around, but I enjoy it. I could never miss it, but I guess I'm in the minority on that opinion.

Originally posted by SpideyHulk24
BTTF really does jerk you around, but I enjoy it. I could never miss it, but I guess I'm in the minority on that opinion.

Same here Spidey!! Though I may not go on it every trip (though I usually do), I enjoy it. not one I can do more than once a day, though, but I like it. It was my favorite ride when I was younger...I grew up with that ride! :teeth:

I'm the opposite....I love simulator rides and loved BTTF, as well as Star Tours and Body Wars. However, I hate roller coasters and real drops. Can't do spins either, except something as tame as the Tilt a Whirl. I haven't been to US in over 10 years so all these new rides like Spiderman, Jimmy Nuetron and Cat in the Hat are new to me. But we're going down at Easter and my son will want to ride them all. Will I get sick on Spiderman if I don't like roller coasters?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter