What Rides at USH are Trouble for Pooh Sized People?

spacemouseneer

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone,

We are heading to USH next May and I am just starting to research the park. Haven't been there since 2002. Just wanted to know what rides are tough for larger people to ride. The only one at Disneyland I have trouble with is getting the lap belt done up on the Grizzly River Run. I get it done, but it's snug. What would be the rides at USH that I might have to be prepared for?

Thanks,

Spacemouseneer

If getting the lap belt on Grizzly River Run is a problem then Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is out of the question for you. Revenge of the Mummy and Flight of the Hippogriff you MIGHT be able to fit but don't be surprised if you don't.

The Simpsons Ride will be a very sung fit, but I have NEVER seen anyone turned away from that ride. Everything else at Universal you will have no problems fitting into.

Forbidden Journey, Flight of the Hippogriff, and Revenge of Mummy all have test seats prior to entering the queue for those in doubt.

Even though you most likely not be able to ride Forbidden Journey, still go through the queue for the ride. The queue is an attraction in its own right, don't miss it!

I'm not sure you want to ride the Mummy anyway -- hated that ride. The guy if front of us had a MAJOR panic attack as soon as they lap bar locked and a guy in the car pulling in as we were loading was pucking out the side of the car. I don't think I'd ever do that ride again lol!

Even though you most likely not be able to ride Forbidden Journey, still go through the queue for the ride. The queue is an attraction in its own right, don't miss it!

Agree! They should totally have a walkthrough line for people who don't want to ride the ride so they don't have to wait in the line to see it all.

The didn't put in the castle tour in Hollywood?

Not that I noticed... Although I never noticed it in Orlando, either (for all I know, I guess that could be newer, though? The last time I went was a little less than a year after WWHP first opened). As far as I can tell, there's just the regular line, the priority line, and the Single Rider line. No signage that I saw about a line to just walk through the castle!

Not that I noticed... Although I never noticed it in Orlando, either (for all I know, I guess that could be newer, though? The last time I went was a little less than a year after WWHP first opened). As far as I can tell, there's just the regular line, the priority line, and the Single Rider line. No signage that I saw about a line to just walk through the castle!

I remember when it first opened there was a walk through but it isn't really marked. You have to ask for the tour line. I did read after holiday 2011 they stopped running it all the time but when FJ first opened there was definitely a tour only line.

I remember when it first opened there was a walk through but it isn't really marked. You have to ask for the tour line. I did read after holiday 2011 they stopped running it all the time but when FJ first opened there was definitely a tour only line.

If it's not marked how are people supposed to know that it exists to ask about it? hahaha

If it's not marked how are people supposed to know that it exists to ask about it? hahaha

:confused3 It has been written about here before and has been in many reviews of the ride. I guess it was there so if Team Members got asked they could tell people. Now if you are turned away in Orlando at the test seats then the TM will say if you would like to view the tour just enter the tour only line, and will tell you where to go. I for some reason knew about it before I went about 6 months after it opened in Orlando.

:confused3 It has been written about here before and has been in many reviews of the ride. I guess it was there so if Team Members got asked they could tell people. Now if you are turned away in Orlando at the test seats then the TM will say if you would like to view the tour just enter the tour only line, and will tell you where to go. I for some reason knew about it before I went about 6 months after it opened in Orlando.

Huh. They didn't offer it to my mom when she failed the test seat (this was maybe 3 months after it opened... before they had the modified seats, so you'd think it would've been a bigger deal then to offer it).

I also wasn't on any Disney boards or into any blogs, etc yet back then (oh the long, long ago time of 2010 :P), so that'd be why I didn't hear about it from the internet. I personally just think if it's an option they should advertise it better, because I'd be willing to bet that most casual visitors don't read ride reviews or visit forums about the theme parks to know these things exist. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter