What rides and foods are must do for IoA?

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by sithlord, Dec 21, 2012.

1. sithlord

sithlord Earning My Ears

Its me, DW, DS9, DS7. Me and DW have been about 15 years ago, but kids have never been. Help as this trip was decided recently and i have only a week to plan. I hate not planning several months in advance.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. macraven

macraven Proud Redhead

www.universalorlando.com

look at the website for ioa.
    read up on the rides and eateries to see what would fit the desires of your family.

things that i would not miss might not be of the same interest to your family.

for me, mystic fountain i can spend an hour at watching and listening.
    spiderman, the super heros parade for meet and greet, cat in the hat ride,
    Dr Doom..........

confisco grille, blondies are places i alway eat at.

4. damo

damo Proud Redhead

5. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

I think everything except the Sinbad stunt show is a must do and as far as food goes...my vote will always be for Thunder Falls Terrace.

6. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

But with sons of ages 7 and 9, that stunt show might be fun. My son loved it at 7, that's for sure! And I just asked him, and he said YEAH enthusiastically when I asked if he wanted to see it again, saying "I LOVED IT". He's 8 now.

Only thing DS hasn't enjoyed at the parks is Poseidon's Fury. Oh and the entrance of FearFall got to him, but it was a weird misty-ish day and he is sensitive to things creeping him out. But it was OK; I wasn't ready to ride that, either, and he certainly wasn't going to ride it alone. :)

Everything else that he has been tall enough for he's wanted to ride and has loved! (though we ignore the acromantulas on Forbidden Journey)

And on our upcoming trip, he'll be tall enough for *everything*. Whimper.

We're vegetarian so our food likes might be different than others. Veggie burgers at Richter's are the fave of me and DH. DS loves the cheese pizza at the Studios in the kid's area. We all love the taste of the cheese pizza and salad at Sal's at Portofino, but we'll never get it to go again (they've forgotten us 2/3 of our visits...the last time quite drastically). DS cannot get enough cheese ravioli with pesto at Lombard's; so much so that he's been known to order a kid's portion then a full portion because it's so good, and on our last trip we went just for him while DH and I ordered coffee (we weren't in the mood for their food). And 2/3 of our visits have found us being madly in love with the veggie food at 3 Broomsticks.

7. PALionKingfan

PALionKingfan Mouseketeer

Food wise, there is nothing that is a must do in the park. I would recommend Bubba Gumps on the citywalk for dinner after you are done with the park. As for the rides, The Harry Potter and Spiderman rides are an absolute must do and should be done more than once. If you are not afraid to get wet then the Jurrasic Park ride is a must. If you into thrills then try the Hulk Coaster.

8. gschmerl

gschmerl <font color=red>Not ignored by the Tag Fairy any l

A must for us is eating at Mythos and saving room for the warm, gooey, chocolate banana cake dessert!

9. schumigirl

schumigirl It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts

Must do for us food wise is Confisco Grille and Thunder Falls for counter service.

Ride wise.......almost everything is a must do.

Have a look at the website and plan what you would love to go on, hope you have a great time :thumbsup2

10. skmoore07

skmoore07 Earning My Ears

AGREED...but I believe you have to make reservations

11. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Not all of the time but it's recommended if it's a busy travel season. You can also walk up at 11am and you're usually seated right away...again if it's not busy.