• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What restaurants to avoid in EPCOT World Showcase?

Had 2 so-so meals in Germany (Biergarten)

Very disappointed with Rose and Crown in July.

Would give anything for a place at WDW like the one at DL that serves those awesome Monte Cristo sandwiches.......

pin
remember the magic
DVC/BCV 2002

I have to say that there are so many different opinions about the same places that I am more confused than before I read this post! LOL

With that said- I think that a lot of the comments are based on if that person likes that particular type of food. I can see that I will avoid Nine Dragons- there are some Chinese food experts out there BUT as for the Morrocan and Norweigan (sp), I can see that this type of food can be either loved or hated. I would go to these 2 restaurants just to try because they aren't standard fare and the peopel who disliked them might just actually dislike this type of food in general not the actual restaurant.

My DH LOVES and I do mean LOVES de Biergarten where as I think it is so so. BUT he loves german food and I can eat it but I much prefer mexican or japanese.

Go, enjoy, and experiment- that is part of the FUN at Epcot

Would give anything for a place at WDW like the one at DL that serves those awesome Monte Cristo sandwiches.......

They used to serve them at Tony's in the MK.

They were really one of my favorite things to eat in all of WDW. The last time I had one was nearly twenty years ago. I have no idea why they took them off the menu.

My picks for the "worst places" have more to do with little or no atmosphere and average food. We did not like Chef's de France or Alfredo's. There were noisy and way overcrowded, tables much to close together and too much like any run of the mill table service restaurant. If we are going to dine at Disney we want some atmosphere.

Well, mine are for taste preferences, not service problems.

I would avoid Akersaus for everything but the Storybook Princess Breakfast... that was great!

I would also avoid Biergarten, Sommerfest, Tangerine Cafe and Restaurant Marrakesh.

Nine Dragons doesn't do anything for me, not because of any experience, but because I can get good Chinese food at home.

We have enjoyed Tempura Kiku, Matsu Ma Lounge, Le Cellier, San Angel Inn (lunch), and Yorkshire Fish House.

Lotus Blossem (chinese take out) it was without a doubt the grossest I have ever eaten, I've eaten eaten the chinese in both SFO and the LA area and while those had great food, this was just plain disgusting in WDW> I can get better egg rolls from my grocery store chinese take out.

I've done the following in Epcot WS:

Lotus Blossom Cafe (China) - Lunch - Horrible
Teppanyaki (Japan) - Dinner - Good
Cantina (Mexico) - Lunch - Good
Alfredos (Italy) - Lunch (2x) - Good
Chefs de France (France) - Dinner - Very Good
Rose & Crown (UK) - Lunch - Good/Very Good
San Angel Inn (Mexico) - Dinner- Good

So, theres my ratings. :)

Rose and Crown...overpriced,re-heated food!
Pleasant but extremely slow service.
Would not recommend.

Haven't really had any particularly bad meals at WS.

Akershus ( AKA House O Babes on CompuServe) - I loved the food selection, Wife hated it, son was so so.

LeCellier - We all love it, 7 or 8 meals there.

Rose & Crown - First trip there 2 years ago, we've eaten here 3 times now. Good salmon, fish & chips and prime rib. Try the Imperial sampler ( 5 different British ales in 6? oz glasses ) or black & tan.

San Angel - Son & I liked it very much, wife was so so.

The one food I look forward to most believe it or not, sitting in the courtyard at Germany with a Becks & bratworst, yummy........

steve

In June 2000, on a 90 plus degree day, at 2:00 pm, we stumbled onto Beirgarten and had the best meal of our vacation.

Whether it was the combination of cold beer, air conditioning, and the yummy vanilla sauce which tops the apple strudel, it was a memorable meal and we are looking forward to returning.

Even though I am on Weight Watchers...

No really bad meals - but I haven't eaten at either the China pavilion or Alfredo's yet (and I don't plan to).

I've never really had a bad experince in World Showcase. Our faves are Le Cellier and counter service in Morrocco. The vegetarian platter is great! We have avoided Alfredo's and Nine Dragons because of all the bad reviews. Chefs de France was nice, but not the best I've had.

We actually loved the Chinese (sit down) and Morocco restraunts. I loved the candied chicken in China and most of the selections in Morocco. So far we've only eaten at half of the places and didn't dislike any of them. We haven't eaten in Mexico yet, so I'll reserve judgement until after our September vacation. :)

Akershus - We loved it, but it takes a bit of daring to try some of their stuff.

LeCellier - Loved it. I have seen very few bad reveiws of this place.

San Angel - We were served terrible food and drinks that tasted like badly made Kool Aid. Service was almost non existant. It did have amazing atmosphere.

Restaurant Marrakesh (Morocco) - Very good food, great atmosphere.

China - Be afraid, be very, very afraid

Chefs de France - Our meal here was mediocore at best. The service was awful.

I think many Epcot restaurants vary in quality from day to day (just look at the wide range of opinions on San Angel). The only 2 consistant opinions I hear are that LeCellier is great and China's restaurants are not very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter