What restaurants do you regret eating at?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by KatieCollette, Jun 2, 2011.

1. STLnative

STLnative Mouseketeer

The Wave - Felt like we were eating in a conference room, and the food was bland. Our waitress was a sweetheart, but I still wouldn't go back.

Biergarten - Worth going once just for the show, it was cute. But the food was mediocre buffet fare.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyMom2Boyz

DisneyMom2Boyz Mouseketeer

We eat at O'hana every trip and the early ressie 5 pm is the trick! Later the meat gets worse very tough.

4. sheilanne

sheilanne Mouseketeer

We had breakfast at the Wave on departure day just because it was handy; we were staying at BLT. It was not good at all. I'd never go back, our waitress was also very sweet but it just didn't make up for the blah food.

5. sheilanne

sheilanne Mouseketeer

We had a 5:20 ressie 3 weeks ago and the food was great. Nothing was overcooked and my family loved it!!!!

6. Fueledbycoffee

Fueledbycoffee Mouseketeer

The birds grossed me out at Chef Mickey's! :(

Glad I tried it on Dining Plan & the characters were fun otherwise I would have wasted OOP during a different trip?!

7. meredith1

meredith1 DIS Veteran

Ohana. It was so highly regarded here on our first trip. We had a 6:00 dinner ressie and it was horrible.

Also 1900 Park was beyond bad. The food was a much greasier version of golden corral. The character interaction was fantastic but, not good enough to go back on future visits.

8. nansmama

nansmama DIS Veteran

Don't know what it's called, but the Mexican CS place in World Showcase. Plastic yellow cheese, prefab tortillas, itty bitty tables, ugh.

9. glammadiva

glammadiva DIS Veteran

Food at Disney is not gourmet. I go with that mindset and have never had a gross, bad meal.I know the food is medicore. I've had more good servers than bad. Maybe because I've just been lucky, or maybe because I smile, say please and thank you and address them by name, ask them about their hometown. When I am at WS, if I know a little bit of their language I use it. I am going next week and am looking forward to my favorites, and trying new restaurants. That said I love Tusker House breakfast, and had great service. Did not like TH lunch. The flavors were not for me and our server was not great, but then we went without kids and she concentrated on tables with kids. I will go back for breakfast. My favorite dish of all?? Eggplant parmesan at Via Napoli. Pixie dust on 2013 trips for us all!!!!!

10. Peter Fan

Peter Fan Peter Fan

Chef Mickeys! There is no way I would pay oop.

11. pmaurer74

pmaurer74 DIS Veteran

Tony's at MK and CP at MK both were awful!

12. sfbank

sfbank DIS Veteran

Agree with Biergarten. We ate there once and will not be back. Crowded tables. I don't mind being seated with other people but I don't do rude. Most of the food was not good. The only saving grace was the apple struedel.

13. Maxtrexmom

Maxtrexmom Earning My Ears

We liked the characters here but I have to agree about the food. Worst food I have had at Disney.

14. sheilanne

sheilanne Mouseketeer

We LOVED Crystal Palace, we went twice last month but both times 8:00 bkfst. Best bkfst we had at Disney. Our worst was Liberty Tree Tavern. It was horrible, we hardly ate anything except the dessert.

15. Megsie1000

Megsie1000 Mouseketeer

Coral Reef and Chef Mickey's.

I was underwhelmed with Ohana but I wouldn't say I regretted it. I think next time we try it we will tell them we don't want them to hurry so much. It was weird because we went there in late January right during a bad storm in Chicago that was delaying thousands of travelers. Ohana was less than half full even at prime dinner hour - presumably because people couldn't make it to Disney. Yet they still insisted on dumping course after course on our table before we even had a chance to start eating the previous one. I had no idea what was going on so I just put up with it but I should have said something. The food was good but it just felt like a stressful experience, which was weird considering it was relatively quiet in there. Next time I know better . I will tell them to slow it down. LOL

16. artemis908

artemis908 EPCOTnaut

Here is the list of table restaurants I have been to and the ones I didn't care for:

Rainforest Café
    50’s Prime Time
    Brown Derby (long time ago)
    Hollywood and Vine: Don't care for this place, I don't think I will ever go back
    Mama Melrose’s
    Sci-fi Dine-in
    Coral Reef: I know of a lot of people who dislike this place. I personally like, maybe because it was my favorite restaurant as a child. I always get there early, first seating, so that I can get a table closer to the aquarium.
    Garden Grill
    Chefs de France
    Le Cellier
    Rose & Crown
    Via Napoli: I thought this was a little disappointing, I love Italian food and I thought it was just "bleh"
    Biergarten (long time ago): I didn't really care for this one, but it's also been a long time since I've been there
    Cinderella’s Royal Table
    Crystal Palace
    Cape May Café
    Shutters
    Chef Mickey’s
    Grand Floridian Café
    ‘Ohana (long time ago)
    Yachtsman Steakhouse
    Wolfgang Puck’s

17. PetePanMan

PetePanMan Mouseketeer

Mama Melrose - our entire family vowed to never go back. Simply awful.

18. ChloroFiend

ChloroFiend DIS Veteran

Boatwrights and Planet Hollywood.

Boatwrights because the food just wasn't anything we were hoping for; it was sold to us as something it wasn't. PH as the service is atrocious, none of the food is cooked to order, and what you do get is frankly terrible. I'm talking fries that nearly cracked a tooth they were so cold and hard.

19. tsme

tsme DIS Veteran

Via Napoli, the food was bland

20. Karabee

Karabee DIS Veteran

Kouzzina - I had high hopes for this one but was so disappointed. The pastisio was all sauce and no noodles and the wine was just so-so. The worst might have been the decor - it's ugly and cheap looking. The service was good but not enough to balance out the poor food and high prices.

21. cheshirecatattack

cheshirecatattack Mouseketeer

Coral Reef, the service was extremely slow and the food was just so-so. May have just been an off night....