What restaurants do you regret eating at?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by KatieCollette, Jun 2, 2011.

1. mom of lil princess

mom of lil princess Mouseketeer

I have to go with sci fi, I found the food to be nothing better then you could get at a counter service and while the movies were cute I hated seating. We were a party of three which causes someone to sit by themselves in the dark eating.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. brertoad

brertoad DIS Veteran

Casey's - stale bun, soggy mess...cold hotdog

Cosmic Ray's - underwhelming burger and fries

Tony's - mushroom raviolis, small portion, recipe was not what I expected.

4. sara mom

sara mom Mouseketeer

Cape May for dinner. The service was horrible. Cm's telling people where to go and nobody listened. Because of the amount of people clamoring to get in line, by the I was able to sit down and eat my food- it was cold.

We did go this past August shortly after it reopened. Maybe that was the cause of our less than spectacular dinner.

5. happy2012

happy2012 ♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin'

Garden Grill was a disappointment for us. We went to try something different while still seeing MM. The food looked wonderful in pics but it really was not good @ all to DH & I. I enjoyed the fish well enough b/c of the red pepper on it but nothing else was very impressive. I didn't care much about the food, but I was just sad b/c MM hardly spent any time @ all w/ DS. 2 seconds & he was on his way. It was not busy so IDK what the rush was, but I was most disappointed in that.

However the service we had was EXCELLENT!! I stopped our server to tell her what a great job she did!! She gave us tips on the DDP & WDW. You could see she loved her job.

So overall I don't regret it, we just expected much more. Chip n Dale & Pluto were WONDERFUL & managed to get my sleepy DS to giggle lots!!!!pluto: But hello? We went to see the big cheese!!!! That was our only MM meal. :confused:

6. moopdog

moopdog Dreaming of Disney....

Coral Reef because the food wasn't very good and we were seated far from the tank. If we were closer...we could've forgiven the sub-par food, but we just felt it was 'blah'.

Mama Melrose did not impress, but I can't remember why. So maybe it wasn't so bad after all. ;)

Chef Mickey's just didn't live up to the hype. The food wasn't good to us (breakfast) and the place was a MAD house.

7. yaddakal

yaddakal Mouseketeer

Coral reef:(

8. 1stTimeDisneyer

1stTimeDisneyer DIS Veteran

We were to both of these places in November, neither was my choice, but I did recommend against both of them. I should have just made separate reservations for our group.

T-Rex- It took over 2 1/2 hours for our meal. We had eight people seated at a maxed out 6 top. Our service was so slow that all the tables around us turned over twice during our meal which was incomplete and desserts were never received. To top it all off it is SOOOOOO LOUD!

Whispering Canyon- My DH and I were not impressed with the new skillet, neither was my niece. Our waitress was wonderful, but the food was just okay.

9. KrazeeK120

KrazeeK120 DIS Veteran

This one's a no-brainer for me...Sci Fi. I thought the food was pretty terrible. The atmosphere was fun, but you won't catch me there ever again!

I will also say that I didn't think Chef Mickey's lived up to the hype, but the food was fine. Not great, not awful. It was edible and I didn't leave hungry. I was kind of expecting better for the price, though.

10. BEASLYBOO

BEASLYBOO <font color=deeppink>It's part of the charm<br><fo

It's soon to be 2013 and neither have improved! :sick: :eek: :sad2: :crazy2: I would rather go hungry!

The Yac & Yucky! Didn't like it the 1st time, friends (right) conned me into trying it again, you overcook my shrimp twice, I'm done!

11. tink1953

tink1953 Tink rocks!!!!!!!

I had forgotten about our one and only time to eat at Sci Fi....that is second on my list....

12. evilqueenmindy

evilqueenmindy Mouseketeer

Coral reef for us too. Terrible disappointment. I wanted to like it too. We also didn't care for whispering canyon.

13. shburks

shburks DIS Veteran

Ohana. I know I'm in the minority but food wasn't great, service was horrible and chef was no help with an allergy concern. Only good thing was entertainment and not worth the$$ for us to return

14. evilqueenmindy

evilqueenmindy Mouseketeer

I feel like O'hana is totally hit and miss. We've had AAAAAAAAMAZING dinner there and we've had "meh" dinner there with bad service. It's never a priority for us to get an ADR

15. jsgrand0

jsgrand0 Mouseketeer

Enjoyed the character experience, but we waited forever, despite our ressie at Chef mickey's, and the food was horrible! I ended up eating off the kids buffet, it was more edible! The desserts were delicious though.

16. deserrai

deserrai DIS Veteran

Coral Reef. The atmosphere is awesome, but the food was not edible.

17. tinkermama117

tinkermama117 Mouseketeer

Whispering Canyon Cafe. Not at all what it was hyped up to be and the food was so so.

18. meggiebeth

meggiebeth Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow

Rose and Crown, 'Ohana, Sci Fi Dine in and California Grill... All terrible in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

19. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

Wow no way? Scifi and Cali Grill are both my faves! Just goes to show you, different strokes eh.

I agree with you about Ohana thou. Dinner of course. Not good at all. I don't understand the hype it gets. Ditto for Beaches & Cream.

20. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

Oh ya. You're not alone. I agree. Terrible.

21. daughtryfan114

daughtryfan114 Earning My Ears

I will also say that I didn't think Chef Mickey's lived up to the hype, but the food was fine. Not great, not awful. It was edible and I didn't leave hungry. I was kind of expecting better for the price, though.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree!! The food was just ok and it took forever for the characters to get around.Once they did come to our table they seemed rushed to sign and pose for a pic. I think Mickey signed his name Mike Mouse in my daughters book.