What restaurants do you regret eating at?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by KatieCollette, Jun 2, 2011.

1. tinkermommyof3

tinkermommyof3 DIS Veteran

Last trip, ordered the Filet at California Grill Medium Well. Prefer Medium but order Medium Well because it always ends up Medium (seems to work ordering that way). It was bloody. Not just bloody. Cold. Still alive. Hate to complain and send back food. There was no way to get this down. Waitress was extremely nice and brought another filet within a minute. She said they are prepared in the event that they have to replace a steak. The odd thing was the second filet was tough. It was almost like the second filet was of a lower standard of beef. The service was excellent. The rest of the family enjoyed their meal. The filet was a turnoff.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. archdandy

archdandy DIS Veteran

We've had some mediocre meals at a lot of places but the one that I would say I regretted eating at was Riverside Mills food court. I had the make your own pasta and I couldn't eat very much of it. The chicken was low quality and the alfredo sauce was watery with no flavor. :crazy2:

4. heatherlekay

heatherlekay Earning My Ears

Our family agrees on Coral Reef.
    While it is beautiful inside, the food was horrendous.
    Luckily, I redeemed myself bc they've love all our other ADRs!

5. 323sarg

323sarg Mouseketeer

Hollywood and vine. Can you say blahhhhhh all the way around. It was an expensive Golden Corral

6. tinkerone

tinkerone DIS Veteran

crystal palace for me. I think the food is horrid but so many love it including my two adult sons. I just don't get it, every time we go they insist that we have a meal there. yuck! the buffet is not very big and there is not a lot of choices. its usually chicken nuggets for me.

7. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

T Rex... It was just too loud.

8. Three cats

Three cats DIS Veteran

Hollywood Brown Derby
    Flying Fish
    Liberty Tree Tavern.

Lousy food at all three, would not return to any of them.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

9. My sister's princess

My sister's princess <font color=green>These boards have grimmer police

Pecos Bills. Disgusting.

10. smellyia

smellyia Mouseketeer

Columbia Harbor House

My stomach just rolled thinking about it.

11. 323sarg

323sarg Mouseketeer

Wow!!! Shocked on the Brown Derby

Another disappointment I had was the luoua

12. tink1953

tink1953 Tink rocks!!!!!!!

Is everyone talking food only or service and or experience??

for us food would be Coral Reef....what there was of it was bad...

Funny how some hate places that others just love...must be hit and miss

BArb

13. PoohsFan1

PoohsFan1 DIS Veteran

I would have to agree with you....we have tried Coral Reef 3 times now and only the first time that we dined there was it great food and awesome service. After that it went down hill. After this past trip we decided that we had enough of it and will not be eating there again. It is a shame though, the atmosphere has to be one of the coolest with the huge fish tank.

I too find it funny that some places that others regret eating at we actually like and have made it our must do restaurants while some places that we don't like others really do. Just shows you that everyone has different tastes in restaurants.

14. Mariep26

Mariep26 DIS Veteran

Akerhaus (or however you spell it). The ravioli was the only good thing on the menu although the appetizer bar was decent. The character interaction was fabulous and worth the $$ but I had to go to the cafe at the hotel after because I was still hungry.

15. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

We also have Coral Reef on our "never again" list- very poorly prepared food, non-existant service, very noisy surroundings.

And yes, lots of people hate places that other people love. I don't think it's just hit or miss on the service and food preparation, though. Some of it is just differences in dining preferences.

16. MrEVILdrPorkchop2u

MrEVILdrPorkchop2u DIS Veteran

Be Our Guest for dinner will be a no go for us. Very glad we got a chance to eat there last week but we will only go back for lunch. I'd give it a "C" rating maybe even a "C-" for dinner. Very disappointing meal. Atmosphere was wonderful. Lunch was a different story. Lunch will be a must for us. We really enjoyed the food. Very tasty!

17. tinkerone

tinkerone DIS Veteran

so so true! you can't have a conversation.

18. Korileigh

Korileigh Mouseketeer

Crystal palace 4 years ago for lunch...food was horrible and tigger was rude....talked through his suit.

19. mad madam mim78

mad madam mim78 DIS Veteran

I haven't had any AWFUL dinners yet. I also haven't eaten very many places. I think the one I won't go back to is crystal palace. It wasn't terrible, it just did nothing for me. I wasn't crazy about Tony's, rose and crown, or chef mickeys but I may go back...who knows. My favorites were sunshine seasons, garden grill, and rainforest cafe and sci-fi. We will surely go back in the future.

20. collegejunkie

collegejunkie DIS Veteran

i can now add tony's to this list. worst meal i've ever had at disney

21. dchronister

dchronister Mouseketeer

There have only been a few places that we have eaten at Disney and I said, wow, we have to come back here next time. So we have tried alot of places. I won't eat anywhere in DHS, been to them all and I was not impressed at all. Been to almost all the character meals and I can say I definately wont be back to 1900 Park Fare, you pay alot for these and if you don't get good interaction with the character, you definately waste your money, because the food certainly isn't worth it, it was horrible. We will not go back to Boma, The ABC Commissary is hideous. I hate Pecos Bills and my DH seems to always want to eat there, I watch him eat and then grab something else somewhere else. We ate at DTD last time at TREX and will never go back, food was awful and they kept adding stuff to our bill that we hadnt had, very frustating experience. We love LeCellier, lot of people don't, eat there every trip and have had wonderful luck so far. Shula's was wonderful, adult atmosphere, nice for night with the hubby. Have eaten alot of so so food at Disney, but those I can go to again if nothing better comes along, but some places I will never go to again.