What restaurants do you regret eating at?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by KatieCollette, Jun 2, 2011.

1. suorkaterina

suorkaterina Belle's Librarian

It's so hard in the food and lodging business to evaluate what is a "good" restaurant or a "bad" one. Often it depends on that persons individual experience. I run a B&B and sometimes, on the same day, I can have a person who adored their stay and another person who has nothing but complaints.

When it comes to WDW restaurants, some of my favorite places have been ones that tons of people hate on. I loved Wave. It was my first on property experience with gluten allergies. The chef was super attentive and the food was really good. Our server was also super chatty and nice. Then of course there is Shutters. I've eated there 3 times in the past, 8 years or so. I always found the food really good. I havn't been in the past three though, so who knows.

The one restaurant I would never eat in again has absolutely nothing to do with the food or the service, thought it would have been nice to understand what the chef was saying, I understand that I'm not great with foreign accents so that's probably my bad. The San Angel Inn was so dark that when the chef came out to tell me what on the menu was gluten free, he brought a flashlight with him. Now when the chef automatically brings a flashlight with him to the table, you know the lighting is WAY TOO LOW. I could barely see what i was eating. Though, whatever it was tasted good :P

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DVC~OKW~96

DVC~OKW~96 <font color=green>I'm not big on gold as a color.

We've dined at every restaurant on property with the exception of Victoria and Alberts and Garden Grill.

The one(s) we will not be visiting again:

California Grill. The most miserable experience and lousy food bar none.

Narcooosee's. Horrible server and lousy food.

Kona Cafe: Service that ruined the meal above and beyond the cold food.

House of Blues. Inedible. As in, cannot eat this nasty stuff... so we didn't.

Captain D's. Pasta that was so mushy that it could not be speared on the fork. We didn't bother to send it back, just left.

Others that are not our favorites because of food, or noise, or poor service (but we'll return if our guests insist)

Rainforest Cafe
    Sanaa
    T-Rex
    Wolfgang Puck's Cafe (and this used to be such a favorite)!
    Beaches and Cream
    Yachtsman's Steakhouse...

4. Annie B

Annie B Earning My Ears

I am very surprised at your Koozina experience! We were there this past Sept. and absoloutely LOVED it!! I had the pork and it was fantastic!! My husband had the fisherman's stew which was great too!!

We loved it and will go at least twice on our next trip!!

5. Annie B

Annie B Earning My Ears

NO no no no no!! You have to try it again!! We just came back in september and that was our last meal of the trip. The prime rib was delicious, the mac and cheese was the best! My husband had the jumbalya (sp.) and enjoyed that too!! We stayed at the riverside and would do it again in a heartbeat!!

6. Annie B

Annie B Earning My Ears

Artist Point was one of the highlights of our trip in Sept '11. The filet was one of my husbands favorites of the trip and the cobbler is the best!! Oh and the mussles! The mussles for an appetizer were fantastic! They give you so many and the broth at the bottom of the bowl!! Using the bread to sop it up was amazing! I had to stop myself so I would have room for my main course!!

7. morgy827

morgy827 DIS Veteran

Definitely Coral Reef. the server actually argued with us stating that because we were from Canada we needed to show our passports as ID and a Drivers License was not sufficient! This is ridiculous...I have used my drivers license all over the US and WDW with no problem. He actually rolled his eyes and walker away! We went to the manager and Guest Services to complain and they said that Drivers Licenses were sufficient and they would talk to the server. Not only was the service bad but the food was the worst we had all trip as well. this was four years ago and I will never go back to Coral Reef

8. RocketEAR99

RocketEAR99 Mouseketeer

I've been many places to eat at WDW and have many, MANY more to try. I'll give them a shot if they appeal to me no matter what anyone says, but all that said, so far, only Hollywood & Vine has been permanently crossed off my list.

Don't get me wrong, the food was sufficient for the buffet it is, but at WDW, there are just so many other better options for your money.

9. Chaoticsweetness

Chaoticsweetness Mouseketeer

I have to add California Grill to this list, the food was wonderful. The service was awful, she served us the drinks then disappeared we literally had to call someone over. First time I ever complained to the manager at any restaurant.

I also did not care for San Angel Inn. Much to dark in the restaurant itself & the food was gross. :/

10. CraigInPA

CraigInPA Since June 1974

Tony's Town Square. The pasta was over-cooked. The marinara tasted like it was from a jar. The chicken had the consistency of rubber. It was, in a word, disgusting.

11. Disneyteers

Disneyteers Addicted To The Mouse

Tusker house lunch buffet. Food didn't taste all that great.

12. conniehar90

conniehar90 DIS Veteran

Garden Grill - especially if you are taking kids over 10. It is a character meal and the interaction is great. But, my kids didn't like the adult menu choice and were charged adult prices for the kids plate. And they weren't even thrilled with the items on the kids plate. Waste of money for us.

13. SillyFamily

SillyFamily Mouseketeer

I have 2 :furious:

Yaki & Yeti - I think we hit a bad day. Hair in the food and what wasnt hairy wasnt good. We walked out didnt even make it to desert.:(

Artist Point - Used to be our very very favorite restaurant, but the last few times have been nightmares. The soup has been wonderful every time.:worried:

14. DznyCrzy11

DznyCrzy11 "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference wh

I think, as with most places, the food can be hit or miss. We have never had a bad meal but we've had meals that were just ok. We went to Ohana for breakfast last year and the year before and loved it. This year when we went it was just ok and not worth it for the price. It seemed like the food had either sat out too long or had been heated up leftovers, and this was for a 7:45 am ADR! We were not too pleased with San Angel Inn last year but this year it was very good and we loved it! In 2009 we ate at Tusker House and I thought it was great, this year it was just ok.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

15. andyman8

andyman8 DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

Chef Mickey's:(

We ate here many years ago (about ten) and we actually liked it. Food was decent, interaction was great, atmosphere was lively and fun.

Then, in 2011, we ate there again with our now teenagers for breakfast like before. Food was absolutely horrendous (the dessert buffet wasn't as good), interaction plain out stunk, and the meal seemed awfully rushed. Our server wasn't too friendly either.

That's why I really don't like that restaurant and don't picture dinner being any better.

16. ArthurFiggis

ArthurFiggis Mouseketeer

I can't say regret, but I've had a couple of disappointments.

First, Coral Reef. It's not what it used to be. I read in another thread that it's downfall was when it went from a 2TS to a 1TS restaurant and the majority of the seafood disappeared from the menu. The last time I ate there it just seemed so loud. :scared: My food was great, my server was wonderful. I've seen several folks complain about the servers there, but I can't say I blame them. They have to constantly dodge parentless children charging at the tank all the time, and all the groups around me treated my server like she was their personal slave. :furious: I left her a huge tip because a group of 6 with three kids stiffed her. I love the atmosphere, but the clientele can leave something to be desired at times. :p

Second, Biergarten. This one is totally my fault. I wrote down my ADR time wrong so showed up an hour late and right a the very end of dinner. I missed the band, and while the family of six at my table were wonderful and inclusive of this solo traveller, the other solo guy insisted on talking about religion and politics the whole meal. :crazy2:

I plan on giving both places a try on my semi-imaginary 2014 trip. :thumbsup2

Both of these meals I was tired and a bit cranky myself, so I'm sure that plays a big part in any bad meal at Disney or anywhere else. Come to think of it, every even slightly negative anecdote I can conjure about a Disney trip comes from dealing with other tired and cranky people when I'm tired and cranky myself. :scratchin Maybe they should pump aerosol caffeine into the buses after the parks close ;)

17. ditsypixie

ditsypixie DIS Veteran

Whispering Canyon Cafe...the skillet was slimy and cold. The atmosphere could even be described as "cold." It wasn't fun at all and the server acted less that thrilled to be there. Never again...:(

18. Red_Rider

Red_Rider Mouseketeer

I couldn't believe how bad Hollywood & Vine was when we went for lunch. We've been in the past and it wasn't bad, but the last time we went it was horrible! The tables weren't that clean an the bathrooms were horrible. I don't think we will go back again.

19. Lintasare

Lintasare Holy Carp!

Sci Fi - The food was just meh.

O'hana - Service was way slow and the meat was overcooked and way dried out. Then I got a piece that was nothing but burned fat. Never going there again unless it's just for salad, potstickers and noodles.

20. ready2vacation

ready2vacation Mouseketeer

Big River Brewing. Food and atmosphere (or lack thereof) = yuck! DH and I left and then saw the corndogs on the boardwalk and wished we had eaten one of those instead :)

21. RobinHoodGirl

RobinHoodGirl Which way to Sherwood Forest?

I have two...

Yak & Yeit - While our Apps and desserts were wonderful, the main course didn't live up

O'Hana - Again didn't live up to our expectations is all.