What restaurants do you regret eating at?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by KatieCollette, Jun 2, 2011.

1. blondemom

blondemom Mouseketeer

I regret eating at:

Liberty Tree Tavern lunch (HORRIBLE service, HORRIBLE food, everything was drowning in liquid - even their stouffer's macaroni and cheese came out soupy).

Boma for dinner (It just wasn't for us. There was a nice selection and the service was fantastic. I guess we're pretty boring eaters).

'Ohana for breakfast (felt like we waited three hours for our server to even show up, and when she did it was with stone cold food).

Chef Mickey's breakfast (It was so dirty! The food was cold. Children on line were literally picking up food with their hands and putting it back. Oh, and the birds.....)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lugnut33

lugnut33 DIS Veteran

The only real place that has really sucked was Cosmic Rays. We just don't have any luck eating there. Ate there in August and it was so bad I actually asked for my money back from a manager, and she did give it back. Of course, I really tried being nice about it and told her we did eat the chicken, but the ribs were unedible. So she just gave us the money back on the two dishes.

4. wish*i*was*in*the*vi

wish*i*was*in*the*vi Mouseketeer

O'hana for breakfast. The food was awful. And we waited so long to see Stitch that we finally just gave up and left. It was bad enough that we didn't eat at O'hana for dinner until our last trip and that was only because a friend that was with us really wanted to try it, I'm glad that we did because O'hana for dinner is amazing!

5. lugnut33

lugnut33 DIS Veteran

You didn't sit at a table and wait to be served did you?

6. KatieRach

KatieRach Mouseketeer

I think the worst experience we have had is at Coral Reef. We have never had good luck with our servers, our orders are rarely correct (the last time my steak, ordered medium-well came out still mooing) and sitting in front by the fish is actually worse than sitting in the back b/c of all the other children who are suddenly sitting at your table too. :scared1:

7. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

We aren't running back to Rose & Crown. I had a 7:35 ADR there for 9pm Illumninations. Didn't get seated until 8:10, which was fine because I wanted to be there still for Illuminations. We were sat on an upper patio table and having never been there before, I didn't know until the show started that the awning over the lower patio table would block part of my view of the fireworks. I didn't want to get up because we were in the middle of my desser but we could have. The food was also mediocre - I had fish and chips which was good but hard to screw up, and my BF had bangers & mash which he said was just ok.

8. katie111

katie111 DIS Veteran

Pizzafari & Planet Pizza both had the same exact gross pizza. I don't know why so many people say those are good places for counter service. I commented to my DH that it tasted like frozen Digornio pizza & he replied that a Digornio is about 100 times better. This from a man that can eat just about anything and not complain. Even my kids didn't like it & they could absolutely live on pizza.

Also Fairfax Fare was absolutely disgusting. We had the BBQ meal which we thought was a good deal. It was horrible. The chicken skin literally tasted like leather, probably the worst thing I have ever ordered anywhere in Disney (and maybe anywhere else for that matter!).

9. santadog

santadog DIS Veteran

Mickey's backyard Bar-b-que

cold, mediocre food, they started breaking down the buffet about 20 minutes into dinner. Parents were pushing their kids in front of the characters for pics and autographs (even though they were told not to).

DD likes the Ice Cream, and I liked the beer --- other than that a total waste of 2 credits

10. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Planet Hollywood, YUK!!!

and

The Big River Grille? on the Boardwalk!! never like finding "items" in my mashed potatoes!!!

11. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

It's the same pizza they have all over, resorts too. I think it's good, but its definitely something frozen/refrigerated for them to produce so many. I won't eat at Pizza Planet again because the line took forever, it was packed, and there was no place to sit - we had to pull a table up to the brick wall outside and sit on the wall.

12. yaksack

yaksack DIS Veteran

I didn't Hollywood and Vine bad, just as good as any other Disney Buffet. Cindy's Castle was hands down the best character meal. Expensive though.

13. TiggerDadof2

TiggerDadof2 Mouseketeer

Cooke's of Dublin in DTD. DW and I went in August 2010 without the kids and they sat us in the bar area and we couldn't see the stage:mad:. The food wasn't very good. I got sick:sick: later that night and i'm pretty sure it was something I ate there.

We also tried Hollywood and Vine once and were both very disappointed in both service and food.

14. pezaddict231

pezaddict231 DIS Veteran

Tony's Town Square, it just wasn't good at all. It's a shame because the inside of the restaurant is pretty nice.

15. focusondisney

focusondisney DIS Veteran

Agree with Rose & Crown. We went in Sept & I ordered the Sunday roast. Had it in 2010 & it was a delicious melt in your mouth pot roast. This year, it was a dry, tough roast beef. Same description on the menu. Asked if htis was the right dish, since it was so different. Waitress said they were now using a "better" cut of beef. Uh, no. And she replied so quickly, I new she must have heard this before. If you are changing the dish, fine. But change the menu, so customers know it is something completely different, not what they had before.

16. MinnieM0m

MinnieM0m Earning My Ears

The pizza restaurant in Italy at Epcot

17. GreenCntryGirl

GreenCntryGirl The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Planet Hollywood. I was expecting average and got worse than worse.

18. MommyBell08

MommyBell08 DIS Veteran

Hollywood and Vine:surfweb:

19. Terk-1

Terk-1 Cinderella's Castle is My 2nd Home!! Only 1,3

My only 2 regrets from my last trip were lunch @ Sci Fi & dinner @ Cape May. Had I known then what I know now, I would have gone to 2 different places. Service was just so-so and the food was disgusting. Won't go back to either again any time soon. :headache: :sad2: :sick:

20. redshoepaul

redshoepaul “You can't run away from trouble. There ain't no p

I had no problem with it, but the Rainforest Cafe didn't subtract off the bill the chicken my girlfriend didn't want on her salad.

21. Herbie

Herbie DIS Veteran

For us it must be 50's prime time. The service is always bad, and the food is lousy at best. I love the theme, but it is on my "not an option" list.