What restaurant would you recommend for Romantic Dinner?

Mikeb1892

Mouseketeer
My wife and I would like to have a romantic (and quiet if possible, within reason) dinner our last night on property for our trip in October. We will have a vehicle and would be willing to dine at any park (not MK as no ticket for MNSSHP), any resort or DTD. We have eaten at Cali Grill and loved it, but would like to try something different. Last year we had dinner at Captains Grill and enjoyed that. What would you recommend? Maybe something not as well known? We already have ADRs for Boathouse so would like something different than that.

Il Mulino at the Swan/Dolphin (specifically, it is in the Swan). One of my favorites on property for a nice Italian dinner.

No place anywhere on property is quiet except for V&A. It's pretty much the same situation as regards romantic. The best advice I can give is dine late -- and that doesn't always work. We were once at Jiko dining in the wine room. It was already nearly 10 pm and a family group of about 10 with four 3-4 year olds and two babies in high chairs was seated a few tables from us. Before long, the kids were doing summersaults across the floor and laughing uproariously. The manager did nothing. Finally, they started hanging from the beads covering the windows. Only then did the manager say anything. It was pathetic on all counts -- the parents' supervision and Disney's response.

Dining at V&A will assure that doesn't happen to you. Short of that, I would suggest Artist Point after 8:30 pm. That is about the best we have found for romance and quiet. We have also had nice and fairly quiet meals at Shula's, but that is entirely dependent on where you are seated and whether there are convention groups, in which case it's totally intolerable. We also enjoy Il Mulino but it is never quiet or romantic in our experience. We don't care for Blue Zoo and that often also has conventioneers dining. What is it about conventioneers -- they're on expense accounts and therefore drink far too much, I guess.

We've generally had bad luck at Jiko, even in the wine room, so I can't recommend that. Flying Fish Café is anybody's guess about whether you'll find a quiet spot or not. Yachtsman Steakhouse has always been noisy when we've dined there and we think Shula's is a far better choice for steak than Yachtsman. Narcoosee's is a joke as far as quiet and romance goes. So, I'd go with Artist Point --- but go late, no earlier than 8:30 pm and preferably 9 pm or later.

Jiko was an amazing experience for us. We went for our first wedding anniversary. Intimate, beautiful restaurant and delicious, unique food offerings.

Another vote for Artist Point. The last time we ate at Narcoosee's, it was very loud (the food was good though).

Definitely V&A's if you have the option, otherwise I'd say that Jiko and BlueZoo were tied for 2nd in the nicest meals I've had.

Second for Victoria and Albert's if you have the option.

Otherwise, I would also recommend Artist Point or Jiko.

Another vote for Jiko. It was quiet for us when we went and the food was the best of our trip.

If cost is no object then Victoria and Albert's if you can get a reservation. There is no finer dining experience to be had at WDW.

If there is a budget then Narcoossee's or Artist Point. Narcoossee's can be hard to get around fireworks times and it can be kind of loud around then but the food is great, especially the seafood. Artist Point is not usually hard to get. It has been pretty quiet when we have eaten there. Check the menu as he food is Pacific Northwest fare and may not appeal to everyone.

Although we have never been, I have heard that Shula's has one of the best steaks you can get in the area.

Cheers!!!!!

V&A would be an option for us, but we don't like over the top service (ie having someone place your napkin in your lap for you, or scrap off bread crumbs from the table, or pour your wine every time someone needs a refill, etc). Is this how it is at V&A?

Well--quiet is a rare thing at any WDW spot.

At the WDW operated restaurants, the kids can drive you crazy.

At the Swan/Dolphin spots, the conventioneers can drive you crazy.

That said, the most likely to be quiet Swan/Dolphin spot is Shulas. Of the WDW spots, Citricos has been (for us) the most quiet

But on any given night, all bets are off.

My wife and I love a romantic evening along the lake in Epcot. Rose and Crown. Apps and entree's before Illuminations. Desert after. The crowd rolls out while we spend a few quiet minutes alone then walk hand in hand out of a mostly deserted park. But, we have been married for 30 years and think any dinner with each other in Disney World is indeed a "romantic" dinner. Us older people can't (or don't) hear all that noise you are talking about! We learned to focus years ago. :earboy2: :tigger:

I also think the menu at R&C keeps a lot of the kids away.

V&A would be an option for us, but we don't like over the top service (ie having someone place your napkin in your lap for you, or scrap off bread crumbs from the table, or pour your wine every time someone needs a refill, etc). Is this how it is at V&A?
I've only done the chef's table, which is a bit of a different atmosphere. They don't place your napkin in your lap, but if you get up they will take your napkin and give you a fresh one. The table sweeping thing is pretty common at most nice restaurants, including V&A's, though I don't see it as anything but a minor politeness. I like the wine pairing so it's a new glass every time, but I imagine that you'd have to finish your glass before being offered a refill. Water is refilled every time the waiters (you have two) come to the table.

I've only done the chef's table, which is a bit of a different atmosphere. They don't place your napkin in your lap, but if you get up they will take your napkin and give you a fresh one. The table sweeping thing is pretty common at most nice restaurants, including V&A's, though I don't see it as anything but a minor politeness. I like the wine pairing so it's a new glass every time, but I imagine that you'd have to finish your glass before being offered a refill. Water is refilled every time the waiters (you have two) come to the table.

Was the chef's table worth it $ wise? Would you do it again? I guess what I mean is would you rather have 1 chef's table dinner with wine pairing or multiple other signature restaurant meals?

San Angel Inn (not La Hacienda). The dim lighting, and usually quiet atmosphere makes it the most romantic restaurant in the parks, IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter