What resorts have tram access to the parks?

CarrieAnn14

Earning My Ears
Hello~ We are in the beginning stages of planning our first Disney World trip with our 2 boys. We've done a little research but haven't figured it all out yet. We are hoping to stay at a resort where there is Tram access to the parks. I'm guessing Tram would be the best/quickest way of traveling back to our hotel room.?
Thanks.

There aren't any resorts with tram access anymore. The Epcot had tram access to Epcot years ago, but that no longer runs. the Magic Kingdom has monorail access to the Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Contemporary. Epcot and Hollywood Studios have boat access to the Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk Inn and Swan/Dolphin resorts. Otherwise buses are the most common way to get from resorts to theme parks.

Buses run on regular schedules (every 15 -20 minutes or so) from early morning (approximately 1 hour before a particular park opens) until late night (until all guests are returned to their resort) from every Disney property resort to each theme park, water park and Downtown Disney and back again. This is the most common form of transportation at WDW. :moped: The boat transportation serves the EPCOT area which includes EPCOT, the Beach/ Yacht Clubs, The Swan, the Dolphin, the Boardwalk Inn and Hollywood Studios. pirate: This service also runs on a continuous loop. The other boat route serves the Port Orleans Resorts and Downtown Disney. I believe that Saratoga Springs Resort is also served by a boat route to Downtown Disney, but I have never stayed there, so I am not the best source of information about that resort. There is a Transportation Board on DisBoards that may be able to clarify your concerns. You'll have a great time, I'm sure! Enjoy! :joker:

Resorts in the Value and Moderate category have separate buses that run to each park, water park and DTD about every 15-20 minutes.

Deluxe resorts in the Magic Kingdom area (Grand Floridian, Polynesian and Contemporary) have a Monorail to take them to Magic Kingdom, and a monorail stop to switch to the Epcot Monorail. These resorts also have boat service to Magic Kingdom and bus to DHS, AK, water parks and DTD.

Deluxe resorts in the Epcot area have a boat to Epcot and DHS, and bus to other parks and DTD.

Wilderness Lodge and Ft. Wilderness have boat service to MK, also bus to MK and all other parks, and DTD.

Animal Kingdom Lodge (Deluxe) is very quick to Animal Kingdom, but it's by bus. There is also a bus to all other destinations.

So you have your choice of resort price level, and some choice in mode of transportation. All resorts have free transport of some kind, and free parking at the resorts and parks. If you stay at MK Deluxe, you have quick access to MK. If you stay at Epcot Deluxe, you have quick access to Epcot/DHS. WDW is so big (in square miles), that there's no such thing as quick access to each of the 4 major parks. We swear by the bus service. It's first class, clean, friendly and very well managed. You won't need a rental car at all.

Maybe what I'm looking for is the Monorail?
So much to learn!
Yikes!

I think so.

If you were, then you are looking at going to the Magic Kingdom from one of the monorail resorts or to Epcot with a transfer to the Epcot monorail.

POOHsie gave a great breakdown of the transportation options.

WDW is huge and you will likely be using many types of transportation while there wherever you stay.

Enjoy the learning process! It's amazing and a lot of fun!

If you plan on spending a lot of time at the magic kingdom, you can walk to it from the contemporary in about 10 minutes. We stayed there last month and loved being able to walk in. If you would be spending more time at epcot or hs, those are also walkable from all the epcot resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter