What resorts are sold out?

TammyPB

Earning My Ears
I'm a newbie, and I'm trying to collect as much info as I can. I'm wondering what resorts are available if we were to purchase through Disney? WLV is the one we're really interested in.

Thanks!
Tammy

A couple of months ago they still had June use year VWL points available.

I've seen recently where they have other use years available.

I'm pretty sure the BWV are sold out. This is our home base and we had to add on to the BCV , what a shame ;)

I just bought and they offered me VWL. I am not sure what use year though. I wanted at BCV.

Originally posted by TammyPB
I'm wondering what resorts are available if we were to purchase through Disney?

Through DVC these are available........
1.BCV's
2.VWL
2.VB
3.HH

Through Re-sales......all of the above and OKW+BWV's

We added onto our VWL membership during last week's cruise, and I asked why it was available again.

My guide told me that originally Disney held back 30% for their own use, instead of the 3% that's held back at the other DVC properties. The reasoning behind this was that this resort has one of the highest repeat guest ratios.

It recently was decided that VWL was to have the same 3% held back as all of the other DVC properties.

They had a board up with all of the properties that have availability and the use years. I focused on February as that's what we needed. I'm sorry, but I can't remember the other months for VWL.

It is my understanding that VWL sales were suspended when BCV came on board. With the BCV anticipated to sell out probably by May of this year, the VWL sales were once again opened up. Next on board should be Saratoga Springs...

I was very curious about the sudden availability of inventory at VWL, and I found what our guide told us last week to be very interesting.

Since they've always had overlapping sales, I don't understand why they would suspend selling VWL because of BCV.

I'm just glad that we were able to add-on, no matter how it became available. :D :D

I think the State of FLorida will not allow Disney to actually hold back more than 3% of the inventory for themselves. I believe that would be in violation of the state laws. They can, however, temporarily suspend selling with the intent to resume sales to the public once again. I am very glad Regina that you were able to make the purchase, too. One can never have enough DVC points!! LOL!! ;) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter