What resort has the better pool?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by flinkerfrosch, May 4, 2013.

?

What resort has the better pool?

1. Animal Kingdom Lodge

2. Polynesian

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. flinkerfrosch

flinkerfrosch DIS Veteran

What resort has the better pool and why?

Animal Kingdom Lodge

Polynesian

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

They are pretty much equal. I'd decide based on other criteria.

4. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

what age group are you talking about?

5. chocovrdmicears

chocovrdmicears DIS Veteran

We have stayed at both - both are zero entry.

Poly - beautiful view and great slide. Pool is waaaaay to small for the size of the resort.

AKL - beautiful pool - nice and big - a true oasis. Plenty of room - the slide is not super exciting but kept my kids ( 9 & 10) happy for our stay.

I can't speak to the Poly - but AKL has some fabulous activities by the pool everyday - Our kids LOVED them - they had a blast and DH and I got to keep an eye on them from the comfort of some lounge chairs. :goodvibes

6. sonofanarchy

sonofanarchy DIS Veteran

Never stayed at AKL, but seen pics of the pool, and I'd give it to them. The Poly's pool is very nice, but as someone said, WAY too small.

7. flinkerfrosch

My family and I are doing a split stay at both resorts, but I'm trying to decide what resort to stay at a few nights more then the other. The pool is the deciding factor because my kids LOVE to swim, and we have lots of down time:thumbsup2

Thanks for your input!:)

8. flinkerfrosch

Boys- 3 and 6

9. flinkerfrosch

I have to agree that the pool at the Poly does look small, and the AKL pool is huge, and they have 2 pools plus 2 waterslides. :thumbsup2

10. flinkerfrosch

My boys are 3 and 6, so I'm sure the slide at AKL will keep them occupied as well! PLUS they have the pool at the villas (forget the name) where the waterslide is very long and they have a smaller one my 3 yr old would love.
    It also has a water splash area.
    I'm worried the slide at the Poly may be too fast for my 3yr old, not sure??

Thanks for your help:)

11. Kelnick

Kelnick Mouseketeer

I haven't used the pool at Poly but it seems kinda small but super cool looking. Correct me if I am wrong butif you stay at Jambo you can do both pools at Kidani and Jambo and the pool and kids play area at Kidani is SUPER fun and much bigger then the other two. Plus the slide is great too.

12. flinkerfrosch

Yes, you are correct! From what I've been told, you can use both pools at Jambo and Kidani and they do look really cool and fun!!!

So far it looks like AKL is winning:cool1:

13. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

14. flinkerfrosch

WOW!!! Thank you for taking the time to post the links! My kids are soooo excited. My 3 yr old keeps asking to watch them over and over again..lol

The resorts are so beautiful, and the pools are amazing!!!

15. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

The pool as AKL is great, but we prefer is the volcano pool at the Poly. We love the location as it backs up to the beach with a distant view of the castle while swimming. We also love the slide.

16. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Both are great pools, but the volcano slide would be too much for your 3 yr old. It is also smaller then AKL pool. But there's something magical about being able to see the Castle while swimming, and watching Wishes from the beach. Not to mention easier transportation too. And large rooms.

AKL pool is really pretty, and large. Slide isn't as big, and as mentioned you have Kidani splash park too, which looks really cool. You have the animals and plenty of viewing areas. But rooms are smaller, and transportion isn't as good, especially if you are spending a lot of time at MK.

So it depends what's the most Important to you, pool vs transportation & large room.

17. pigletto

pigletto DIS Veteran

Seeing the castle while swimming and maybe some fireworks is a huge plus to the Volcano pool. However IMO, the downside is how packed that pool area seems to be a lot of the time. I saw someone on here describe it once as a "bowl of people soup" and it made me laugh because that is exactly what we experienced. Could have just been when we were there, but there was barely room to swim. AKL gets my vote because it's much larger and there is room to spread out.

18. brertoad

brertoad DIS Veteran

I love the AKL pool, it's huge, it has zero entry, and it's surrounded by so many tropical plants. The hot tubs at AKL are hot hot hot, perfect for soaking your tired self after a long day.

The Poly volcano pool has a great theme, and it within view of the castle, but it's kind of small. I do not think there are hot tubs there...

I would pick AKL over the Poly if the pool was the main deciding factor.

Take the boys over to Kidani Village pool area, they have a sizeable children's play area.