What rental car agency do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Bertie131, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Bertie131

Bertie131 DIS Veteran

Either from the airport --MCO-- or around WDW property---thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. letsgoreds

letsgoreds DIS Veteran

Whomever gives you the best rate. I only rent from the major companies (most recently Budget). I use carrentalsavers dot com to find the best deal. You usually don't see good deals/price drops until 2 weeks before a trip. My most recent trip, prices didn't really drop ($127 with tax for minivan week) until under a week before. You can book and cancel as often as you like (no penalty).

4. Itinkso

Itinkso Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Also check the Transportation board because discount codes are listed there. I used carrentalmomma.com and got a good rate coupled with an Alamo Insider discount. Alamo/National is at the Dolphin if you want to do ME from the Airport. We have done rentals from the airport and also ME from/to the airport and rental car from Dolphin the day after arrival until the morning of departure.

5. jemmouse

jemmouse DIS Veteran

The cheapest one :rotfl2:...I prefer airport rental...Good luck...I know my rates I have been finding are HIGH :sad:

6. tinkbyday

tinkbyday DIS Veteran

We always use Southern Elegance - Miguel is the owner and the cars are always immaculate. Their prices are just about the same as everyone else.

7. Magic3forme

Magic3forme Grand Slam club members

anything on site... we rented from Hertz years ago, what a pain to have to take a shuttle!!

8. jnfr2424

jnfr2424 I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love t

Like everyone else is stating whomever is at the airport and who's got the cheapest rate
    Check sites like car rental savers and also check the Transportation board to discount codes
    Good Luck!

9. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

I'm going to send this over to the Transportation board, you'll find lots of chat about rental cars there. :)

10. jlewisinsyr

jlewisinsyr DIS Veteran

Hertz is now on site just in case you were wondering.

We rent almost exclusively with Hertz because of their Prestige collection vehicles and that I have status with them.

11. travelalot

travelalot Earning My Ears

Hertz (Gold Plus) can't be beat. Get my Hertz discounts from rentalcodes.com

12. croach

croach Mouseketeer

I'm used Thifty recently and it was fine although I almost missed the entrance for them when returning the car. If you use thrifty and are I interested I have a one car class upgrade coupon I would be happy to send you or anyone. And no I don't work for Thifty. My travel agent sent them to me and I so I have two extras.