What promotion/perk could prompt you into taking an unplanned WDW vacation?

It does not take much to sway me to visit the world, I think just having discounts on the dining plan or meals in general would entice me to come more often. We did use our DVC membership last visit to eat at Raglan Road but that was the only restaurant we were able to use our membership for a discount.

I would think an offer of a 20% discount on the dining plan and/or a 20% discount covering all Disney dining establishments (TS & QS) would be a nice enticement, especially if it were at a time when the “free dining” promotion was not occurring. Yea, yea, you can get something similar with the TIW but I do not want to have to buy an annual pass.

Free airfare would definitely do the trick.

We have TIW so dining plan would have to be very cheap for us to do it and have it entice us to go on an extra trip. Free dining or 50% off the dining plan could work.

I like the DVC Magic Hours idea.

Point discounts are a cool idea too. We've only stayed in studios, but if I could get a "deal" on a 1BR I would totally be there. Like an upgrade your stay deal: 1BR for studio points, or 2BR for 1BR points.

An exclusive member event combined with some sort of villa or dining discount. Like an after hours dinner party in a park.

free park tickets or free dining

These were the two I immediately thought of. Heck, I would be happy with 50% off either park hopper tickets or the dining plan, it doesn't even have to be free!

As a disclaimer - I live close enough to do a spur-of-the-moment weekend trip:

That said, we came thisclose to booking one night and driving down and back just to do the Great Movie Ride progressive dinner.

I think really unique experiences like that is what tempts us. We actually did a extra trip back in the early days of VMK (R.I.P :guilty:) just to do in park quests - and then we stayed an extra day to take the backstage VMK tour we got for successfully completing all the quests!!

I like the idea of discounted points. Maybe release some discounted days if they have extra inventory 1 month out. It would definitely encourage some last minute trips. The discounts don't have to be big...maybe 3-5 points off per night.

Adding ideas, borrowing from programs offered by other timeshares:

Bonus Time: The ability to pay cash rates, at the near equivalent of dues, to book remaining inventory inside a "last minute" window (perhaps 2-3 weeks out).
Note: If Bonus Time was restricted to one's "Home Resort" it might force me to do an add-on at GCV.

Discounted "Last minute" RCI Trades: Offer all RCI exchanges booked w/in last 45-days prior to travel for 120 DVC Points. (The exact points should match a low season studio -- but I don't have that number available.) Use this flat rate for any trade, booked 45-days out or less, regardless of destination unit size, resort quality, or season.
Note: While this wouldn't bring me to Orlando more often - it might cause me to use my DVC points through exchanging. If I start using my DVC points on exchanges ... I might get addonitis.

"Point specials": The occasional opportunity to book DVC resort stays using fewer points than normal. These specials may be based on "last minute availability," internal RCI exchange or other reservation promotions.

More, again borrowing from other timeshare:

Online Availability/Reservations: I book many otherwise unplanned trips just because "it was there online!" Being able to see and book stays directly online, without having to phone someone during their specific working hours, has certainly influenced my vacation habits.

It would be nice to have a special EMH morning or evening. I loved the story about SSR and its opening. I would love to participate in something like that!

there are several things i would love to see.

being a big dvc owner and supporter, i would like to see a few perks for dvc owners.:goodvibes

either------fast passes for one week a year and/or
extra magic hours (night time) for dvc only, one park at a time,
this would require a special dvc week a year.
free air for 2 members of the family once a year (i might get to
go to dl california).
free sunrise safari for your family once a year. that would be great!
more discounts on circa (that 35% is great if they have it when
you can go).
a member's cruise during the summer, thanksgiving, or christmas
when school is out.

i really love anything they plan for us.;)

We were not planning a trip over the summer but when I found out the Main Street Electrical Parade was coming back, I had to see it. Stupid to spend all that money for a parade? Maybe, but DD has not seen it and it is full of memories for me.

Exactly the same thing here. :) Just change your DD to my DS's. I cannot wait to see MSEP again!

Disney tends to promote other days, (don't get me started) but how about these days . .

Polite Day - If you are rude or run over my foot with your #@%# stroller you get ejected from the park.

EVC Free Day - No electric carts anywhere, especially loading onto the Bus.

Smoke Free Day - A day when no one smokes, even in the designated smoking areas.

English Day - ¿Tengo que explicar?

DVC Appreciation Day - Another one I shouldn't have to explain.

Before I get flamed, I am referring to only one day per year. Sure, we can have a Spanish Day, French Day, Smoking Day, Freeloader Day, etc, too.

Just let me know when they are so I can pick and choose the days I participate.

You asked . . . . .

LOL! I'm with you on a few of those!:rotfl2:

Seriously, I'd like to see occational park type perks for DVC members. I agree with some of the suggestions like "free fast passes" and special tours or events. Maybe tie it in with some of the things they already do for us like the Merry Memeber Mixers in December. They could give everyone at the mixer one of those special fast passes like they give out at the sales center when you take a tour.

I like the idea of something like a DVC member sunrise safari or something like that too. I'm not saying it should be all the time, but maybe having promotions like this during times that DVC members tend not to visit might keep the resorts full more consistantly.

I found out on Thursday afternoon around 1:15 and FLIPPED OUT. :lmao: That evening we KNEW WE WERE GOING. Officially changed our trip from HHI to WDW/Vero yesterday. We were going to skip this summer at WDW and do a 4 day trip in Oct. That changed FAST. Plus the fact that we can also get the special military park passes that are available for 99 bucks each person until Sept. SO....we could NOT pass it up. :lovestruc Even my oldest son....who swore off Disney for a while (well that is what he said after last summer's trip)...is not complaining one bit. :cheer2: Plus we added a trip to Vero Finally. :yay: I think that is what probably sealed the deal with him. :rotfl:

We were not planning a trip over the summer but when I found out the Main Street Electrical Parade was coming back, I had to see it. Stupid to spend all that money for a parade? Maybe, but DD has not seen it and it is full of memories for me.

:thumbsup2 We were trying our best NOT to cave and go on a trip this summer. We scheduled 6 nights at HHI instead. Well I am hit and miss with Dis boards lately and I came across the summer stuff and WAS FLIPPING OUT. I texted our dd who is in college and she immediately called BEGGING FOR US TO GO.She texted dad at work...I texted teenage son....his only request was to DRIVE and NOT FLY and to go to a waterpark outside of the WORLD. I said DONE. Our youngest is 11 and he has never seen it so that will be exciting for him. Now I have 6 nights to plan. WOOHOOO Then we are off to Vero for 4 after that. :woohoo:We will eventually get to HHI.

I think a great perk for dvc members (that would not cost dvc or disney a penny) would be 3 free fast passes upon every visit! We got these when we bought into dvc and what would the big deal or harm be to give owners that perk! It would be a selling point at no expense to Disney!

Disney tends to promote other days, (don't get me started) but how about these days . .

Polite Day - If you are rude or run over my foot with your #@%# stroller you get ejected from the park.

EVC Free Day - No electric carts anywhere, especially loading onto the Bus.

Smoke Free Day - A day when no one smokes, even in the designated smoking areas.

English Day - ¿Tengo que explicar?

DVC Appreciation Day - Another one I shouldn't have to explain.

Before I get flamed, I am referring to only one day per year. Sure, we can have a Spanish Day, French Day, Smoking Day, Freeloader Day, etc, too.

Just let me know when they are so I can pick and choose the days I participate.

You asked . . . . .

:rotfl:

I think a great perk for dvc members (that would not cost dvc or disney a penny) would be 3 free fast passes upon every visit! We got these when we bought into dvc and what would the big deal or harm be to give owners that perk! It would be a selling point at no expense to Disney!

That's a very good option to the fast pass suggestion. Maybe two of those cards per unit each trip...I like it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter