What part time WDW job would you love to have?

I would like to be a Main Street performer of some sort. Like in a brass quartet (I play the trumpet)! Or in a barbershop quartet (I can harmonize like the dickens!). :yay: But I would probably start crying from sheer joy so they would boot me out in no time ...

thesupersmartguy said:
I had the great privilege of walking into casting Monday (Yes, can you believe they were open on Labor Day) and them tell me "just about everything is open, what do you want to do"? I chose my dream area of Icon Attractions at Hollywood Studios. Here I will have the potential to work Indiana Jones, American Idol, Star Tours, Jedi Training Academy, Muppet Vision 3D and of course The Great Movie ride.

I have previously worked in many of the areas you have mentioned, so I can shead some light on some of the responses just in case you want to actually move on down here and join our Disney Family.

Peter Pan/Small World- A truly magical job! Hot in the summer, cold in the winter and the song gets stuck in your head for all of eternity, but loads of fun!

Monorail Driver- you must work the platform for 6 months before they will schedule you to start learning to drive. The learning process for that can take 3-6 weeks depending on your learning speed. After you pass a rigorous assessment with people talking to you from 5 different directions all at once, you get to drive roughly 2-4 hours a week combined. Still, not a bad part time gig.

Boat Driver- relaxing, low stress, get to meet a lot of people and if you log enough hours, you get the privilege of adding captain before your name.

Front Desk-Think Guest Relations for resorts. Your checking people in, but you are also solving the problems they encounter after check in. No two guests are alike. All in all it was a lot of fun and I got to meet quite a few celebrities.

MK Merchandice- lots of interaction with thousands of guests a hour and very low stress. In some locations you even get to wear some of the hats from the shop.

Wow...great insight! Thanks for the information.

I would love to work on the horticulture/landscaping team. Preparing and maintaining the Flower and Garden Festival or working in the Land greenhouses would be dream jobs. :flower3:

This is too fun. Ultimate would be a secret hotel shopper for WDW Resorts, where my job would be to travel and stay in all the resorts and write a report on the overall experience (try the restarants, spas, room service, pools, etc)! Second would be "Evil Queen", I always say I think playing a villain would be awesome.

I want to be the lady who sits by Stormalong Bay and colors with kids. I haven't seen her in the past couple of trips, so if that job has been eliminated, I could be the Hat Lady who plays the piano at the Rose and Crown.

I would love to work in one of the Christmas shops, either at DTD or MK. Or maybe a hostess at one of the restaraunts. I know DH would say something to do with the trains at MK. It's nice to dream.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter