what others rave about and you just dont get it

I have to say Earl of Sandwich. But there is one just down the street from me so I have gone there often. I do like the sandwiches a lot but I don't get the hype, since it is a chain restaurant.

Not a fan of Stitch's Great Escape; it's the spitting, I can't do it.

Not a fan of DisneyQuest... went once, once was good for me. I liked the POTC virtual ride, and ducking into the Wonderland Cafe (I think that's what it was called?). Just so enclosed, so noisy, it gives me a headache, I feel like something about the air in that place is so thick it seems to smother me.

Lights, Motor, Action. Not my thing. I'd rather see musicals.

Character breakfasts, Hollywood Brown Derby, and Illuminations. Illuminations is ok, but can't say I've ever been moved to tears, or feel like I can't miss it on a trip.

For all of you hating on Duffy, I hope that you read his book first. The premise of Duffy if you buy one is to take photographs of him everywhere you visit ( like a travel gnome or Flat Stanley). That is what Mickey did in the book. Minnie made the bear for Mickey, and he took pictures of the bear for her on his voyage.

I think it's a cute story.....and we did the Flat Stanley things for several years (we homeschool and it was a fun geography lesson that just went on and on for a long time)....but Duffy just did nothing more than an "awww" moment for my family. The bear design doesn't have much personality, the character interaction was very limited because other than a hug, well, there was nothing.

Duffy apparently is super huge in Tokyo but he doesn't seem to have caught on in the United States. I personally think Disney is trying to push him only because the "accessories" are a big seller in Tokyo and they want the same merchandising here, but just don't quite see that he's not popular here. I have often wondered if he needed a major movie to get his popularity soaring, but then I realize that his movie would be a 20 minute short and that's not going to do much either.

I think it's a cute story.....and we did the Flat Stanley things for several years (we homeschool and it was a fun geography lesson that just went on and on for a long time)....but Duffy just did nothing more than an "awww" moment for my family. The bear design doesn't have much personality, the character interaction was very limited because other than a hug, well, there was nothing.

Duffy apparently is super huge in Tokyo but he doesn't seem to have caught on in the United States. I personally think Disney is trying to push him only because the "accessories" are a big seller in Tokyo and they want the same merchandising here, but just don't quite see that he's not popular here. I have often wondered if he needed a major movie to get his popularity soaring, but then I realize that his movie would be a 20 minute short and that's not going to do much either.

That Duffy is just like the build a bear thing we have in the UK. Not sure if you have it in the States. I think build a bear is better because the kids get a choice of bear. Plus they are cuter looking. I love Disney but the Duffy thing. No I am at a loss!

vinylmation, pin trading, Duffy, BBB
Disney bus system. LOVE taking DME from MCO but then I am stuck riding the busses...
TSMM, Nemo the Musical (probably our least favorite of everything), Stitch's Great Escape
Interactive "additions" to the end of Spaceship Earth and the standby line at TestTrak. Such a cop out, putting in interactive video games instead of real attractions.
BOG, CRT, lobster roll/clam chowder at CHH, Le Cellier, Kouzzina (I want to love this, but it disappoints every single time we go)

I have to go with the turkey leg thing. Maybe it is because I'm not a huge meat eater, or maybe it is the way I see some gnawing on it. Or maybe it is just the thought of eating something like that in the August heat when it is 92 degrees with 99% humidity when all I am craving is a huge glass of ice water and maybe a mickey ice cream bar! I literally cringe when I see people eating them especially in that kind of heat!

Different strokes for different folks!

Oh yeah, Duffy. I get the premise and it's a cute one, but...dunno. Just doesn't do it for me. The Japanese can have him.

Toy Story Mania...I can only use one hand to operate the trigger and I find it next to impossible to aim and pull the string at the same time. Not very fun for me. I only go because my family loves it. I much prefer Buzz and the gun-style trigger mechanism.

Duffy. I just don't get it. To me, it doesn't even feel like Disney. He's not even that cute :confused3

Pin trading. Pins have never factored into my styling choices :rotfl2: , and I have no use for a pile of pins in a drawer or on a lanyard!

Toy Story Mania...I can only use one hand to operate the trigger and I find it next to impossible to aim and pull the string at the same time. Not very fun for me. I only go because my family loves it. I much prefer Buzz and the gun-style trigger mechanism.

Duffy. I just don't get it. To me, it doesn't even feel like Disney. He's not even that cute :confused3

Pin trading. Pins have never factored into my styling choices :rotfl2: , and I have no use for a pile of pins in a drawer or on a lanyard!

I am disabled and on the disabled car 'Jessie' there is a push button gun. I always ask for that one because I cannot pull the string!

Fantasmic. Took the time to go once and just didn't get it. It was okay, but the wait to get in was long! I keep thinking we somehow missed something.

Haven't read everything but getting a chuckle out of so many responses. My last two trips and my upcoming trip have been mother/child. Took DS in 2010 and DD in 2011 and DDand I go again this week. They both love totally different things. DS adores Fantasmic and Lights, Motor, Action, and Indiana Jones...but DD can definitely live without them. I get a totally different experience with each child...and that is wonderful.

DS doesn't really care what we eat or where (pizza every meal would be fine) and would rather have a root beer float than a Dole Whip any day....but DD is so excited about all of the special foods we are indulging in next weekend ..Dole Whips, turkey legs, caramel apples, and "eating around the world" in Epcot!

Different strokes for different folks, right?..........P

Osborne Lights. :confused3

I just don't get it....I was so excited to see it...and then stood there in the crowd and thought..."Huh.....that's it?"

I don't know what I expected but that wasn't it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter